Lose Fat W/O Losing Inches/CM's?

Hi!
I’ve been dieting and doing cardio rigorously for a month and a half now, and the mirror is showing nice, obvious results - my love handles are smaller, my tummy is firmer. But I’ve measured my waist this morning, and it seems that it’s only gone down by 1 cm!

So, the question is - is it possible that I’ve lost fat, but that the measure isn’t showing it? Thanks!

Do you measure at the same time every day? Also, what about your diet? Do you eat less than you burn per day?

You’ve only measured one area??..

Typically, this is the final spot to lose it’s fat. If the mirror shows results. If your clothes show results, chances are you are losing weight–fat on the other hand is different. I didn’t see your resistance workout listed. So are you just a smaller version of your old self, or have you begun to make compositional changes?

Oh, the mirror is definately showing results in terms of fat reduction around the waist. But the measure isn’t! Maybe it;s just an optical illusion :wink: but I’ve been following the same regimen I’ve very succesfully used before!

And I know, I’m an idiot for not using BF calipers, especially since I have them!

[quote]ssantic wrote:
Oh, the mirror is definately showing results in terms of fat reduction around the waist. But the measure isn’t! Maybe it;s just an optical illusion :wink: but I’ve been following the same regimen I’ve very succesfully used before!

And I know, I’m an idiot for not using BF calipers, especially since I have them![/quote]

Call me foolish but,

If the mirror is truly showing results, the measure should as well.

BF calipers are ok–as ok as the person and technique used to assess. Who cares about the measurements! How do you feel? How do you look? How do your clothes feel?

If any of these are not up to par, then try something different. Just because it worked before doesn’t mean it will again. Again, I see no resistance training. Diets and adaptiveness change as the body and metabolism matures. Perceived effort and cardio is difficult to quantify. Are you working out as hard–as long…