Lordstorm88's Progress Log

If you want to use weights for cardio try complexes. Look for the article by Alwyn Cosgrove on this site. I don’t have the link handy. Tabatas are also good; using a basic whole body exercise, do as many reps as you can for 20 sec, rest for 10 sec, repeat 8 times and collapse in a pile of sweat.

I’m sure it’s just a language thing but when talking about weight training, “High Intensity” generally means heavier weight and more stress on the CNS. It’s more often used in when talking about cardio and relates to an elevated heart rate, well above the “cardio zone”.

Either the complexes or tabatas will give you the high intensity you’re looking for.

i actually read an article like that recently so maybe ill look into that for the next time i go… which is probably in about 8 hours or so

btw one thing i’d want to ask is…

what do you guys do to help you fall asleep? my sleeping hours are totally terrible i wake up with 6 hours of sleep and i feel fine. anyway just wanted to ask. but it will probably get fixed soon when college starts and all ill have time for is barely college studies and gym… ive no idea how ill fit food when i may have to be at college for 12 hours some days but whatever

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
btw one thing i’d want to ask is…

what do you guys do to help you fall asleep? my sleeping hours are totally terrible i wake up with 6 hours of sleep and i feel fine. anyway just wanted to ask. but it will probably get fixed soon when college starts and all ill have time for is barely college studies and gym… ive no idea how ill fit food when i may have to be at college for 12 hours some days but whatever[/quote]

I have this problem too, my classes clash with when I plan to eat, so I have to fit it around that, no real other alternative.

As for sleeping, I sleep like a baby so I can’t help. Though I’ve heard warm milk is good and makes you sleepy.

well i tried going for the 2nd day of “HIIT” training but as ive been trying to fix my sleeping hours haha (basically i slept during the day, was awake during the night) i didnt do really great but anyway

30 minutes running (ran 4 kms with a 9(woohoo) km/h average)
shoulders:
shoulder press (outer grip) 31220
shoulder press (inner grip) 21215
shoulder pressures with barbells(hammers) 31216
side extents with barbels (openings) 31216(ah so thats what killed me… i should have gotten much less weight but i didnt know what i had done previous time haha
affixes with barbels 1616 (by this time i really really felt sick-throwing up that is- so i kinda stopped. is it cause of the 1.5 litres of water? should i drink a small sip after every set, or is it ok to drink like 500 ml after every 10 sets or so haha?)

(i did legs first)
legs:
machine for quadriceps extents 31540
machine for biceps bendings 31550

Abs:
did only 1*25 sit ups

then since i didnt feel like giving up there at least i did a bit cardio
15 minutes with 6km/h and 5% gradient
15 minutes bicycle 140 watts average
10 minutes 5km/h 10% gradient

my lowest weight reading has been 96.5 kgs btw

3rd day with HIIT

25 minutes running (about 7.3 km/h average i was really really tired today)
back:
pulley for the back, behind the neck 31235
rowing , low height 31230
rowing machine (outer grip) 31230
pull down machine 31240

triceps:
pressures on the pulley 41515
triceps extents with both hands 31210
extends with pulley 31510(each hand)

Abs:
sit-ups eh did about 100, the first set was 25 though
machine for abdominal sides 32030
abdominal machine 44030
and then there is another machine which you do the opposite… push it back. 31235
no bicycle i was really tired, after staying awake 21 hours the previous day and going to the gym… i slept 6 hours(yeah my body is stupid and thinks thats enough or something), i woke up at 1 a.m.; at 9 a.m. i left and walked like 3 miles to take some pics, and went to the supermarket twice, then i went to the gym. anyway i sure did walk a lot haha

edit: took another weight reading… 96.2 kgs

ya know even if its a little its always encouraging to know you are doing progress

1st day, and i decided instead of going for 75%, ill go for 85% of last week’s high weight training, and increase it when i go for 85%. did that make sense? haha anyway

30 minutes running (8.0 km/h average) today i learnt something really important… not to keep your abs tight when you run. unfortunately i didnt learn it till the last 10 minutes haha, anyway im hoping next time i go ill get like 10 km/h average and 5 kms maybe :smiley:

Biceps:
Bendings with barbels (hammers) 5624
Bendings with barbels and curve 5624
Bendings in Biceps machine 5825

Chest:
Inclining pressure of bench with barbels 51024
Peck-Deck 5645
Chest press (upper grip) 5640
Chest press (lower grip) 4630

Abs:
sit-ups did the 100 in kidna… “random” order. and i have a question, should my neck actually feel like its gonna uhm… well feel my neck weird anyway?
machine for abdominal sides 31040
abdominal machine 44030
and then there is another machine which you do the opposite… push it back. 31235

didnt do bicycle or running at the end cause they all had someone using them … and i kinda was coughing since it started to get cold so i decided not to do cardio again and then go out into the cold or if im not gonna catch a cold now, it would make it certain. next time im bringing more clothes

well i did kinda good today. i think i need more food cause i got dizzy today and i havent been dizzy in a long time. stupid school.

30 minutes running (8.6 km/h average)

shoulders:
shoulder press (outer grip) 5645
shoulder press (inner grip) 4640
shoulder pressures with barbells(hammers) 5628
side extents with barbels (openings) 5628
affixes with barbels 5620

legs:
machine for quadriceps extents 5885
machine for biceps bendings 5885

Abs:
425 sit ups
machine for abdominal sides 3
2015(each side 3 times)
abdominal machine 4
and then there is another machine which you do the opposite… push it back. 3
12*40

15 minutes bicycle… uh about 175 watts average i think

3rd day with ~75% of 1 RM

30 minutes running (woohoo new record. 9.2 km/h and 4.5 kms)

triceps:
pressures on the pulley 5830
triceps extents with both hands 5620
extends with pulley 5620(each hand)

back:
pulley for the back, behind the neck 5650
rowing , low height 5650
rowing machine (outer grip) 5650
pull down machine 5675

Abs:
sit-ups 425
abdominal machine 4
12*20

didnt do any bicycle since it rained outside and had no umbrella or more clothes haha.

btw in case anyone is still reading this, what do you suggest i do so that i get my left arm stronger? should i just not do that many reps/sets with the right one for a while?

took another weight reading

lowest was 95.7

i think it has kinda slowed down a bit, but it sounds normal. need about 4000 cals on gym days, 3000 on normal days so if i eat 2500 + cheat day its around that much… half a kg

btw in case anyone is still reading this, what do you suggest i do so that i get my left arm stronger? should i just not do that many reps/sets with the right one for a while?[/quote]

Concentrate on dumbbell or 1 arm cable exercises for a while. Do your reps with the left arm first and stop the the reps with the right arm when you reach the same number of reps.

ok so like i was sick the past week, went again yesterday but felt my muscles really weak (realized it kinda half way through haha) so i decided to do a full body workout kinda so that they would wake up again.

is this normal? have others here experienced the same? being sick(just a usual october cold) and then feeling really weak when coming back to the gym?

oh also anyone have any advice what kind of sandwiches i should take with me to school? i try to just have 2 slices of bread (the brown sort of) with loots of turkey… and maybe some cheese, bacon, ham… stuff like that.

Im sick with the flu as well. Sorry, Im in Quebec with a french keyboard so I cant find the apostrophe. Once you feel up to it go back where you left off. Take it easy and build up to where you were. On your sandwiches put lots of meat. If you can take leftovers. Sandwiches are mostly bread. When youère young it may not make a difference but evnentually you will need to cut down on the carbs.

Stu

is this normal? have others here experienced the same? being sick(just a usual october cold) and then feeling really weak when coming back to the gym?

[/quote]

I wouldn’t work out when you feel ill. Its ok if you have a cold or something like a cough, but if you have the flu, you’ll feel weak, and not really do anything for your body, other than tire it out. I tried working out, but couldn’t do many dips as I felt ill. I’d just leave it a day then continue, but generally don’t workout if you feel ill, it’ll just make you worse.

well heres a pic i could kinda take

first is after, 2nd is before.

anyway i went thursday and did legs and back. didnt go today cause i felt my back, legs and arms sore haha. anyway here’s what i did thursday

15 minutes running 9.3 km/h average. then 15 minutes of slower jogging

legs:
machine for quadriceps extents 5890
machine for biceps bendings 5890
leg press 33260

back:
pulley for the back, behind the neck 5660
rowing , low height 5655
rowing machine (outer grip) 5645
pull down machine 5675

Abs:
sit-ups 425
abdominal machine 4
12*20

didnt do any bicycle…

btw from now on i decided instead of trying to remmeber reps and stuff ill just do reps till i cant do anymore in proper form in a set. but more or less the above numbers are correct.

oh btw lowest weight reading was 94.2 kgs

i know its not really the weight i really am but its one way to keep track of if you are losing or not haha

30 minutes running… 7.5 km/h average

Biceps:
Bendings with barbels (hammers) 5628
Bendings with barbels and curve 5624
Bendings in Biceps machine 5835

Chest:
Inclining pressure of bench with barbels 51040
Peck-Deck 5640
Chest press (upper grip) 5630
Chest press (lower grip) 4640

did very few abs, no bicycle

tireddddddd

30 minutes running (8.6 km/h average)

shoulders:
shoulder press (outer grip) 5645
shoulder press (inner grip) 4640
shoulder pressures with barbells(hammers) 5640
side extents with barbels (openings) 5632
affixes with barbels 5624

legs:
machine for quadriceps extents 5895
machine for biceps bendings 5890

Abs:
4*25 sit ups

5 minutes bicycle

as always when i go late afternoon being awake 12 hours and eating half crappy i dont really excel hahaha but at least i still make some new records in weights.

93.9 kgs lowest weight reading.

must say its kinda slow, its about a lb per week, it should be 2 shouldnt it?

There’s nothing wrong with 1 lb/wk. As long as you are happy with what you see in the mirror, that’s what matters. I expect you are gaining a little muscle along with the fat loss. Keep working on the strength gains.

When are you going to start with squats and deadlifts? You should stop focusing on machines and start spending more time with the barbell.

yeah exactly thats what i keep thinking too but the trainers there keep telling me not to do those till ive lost all the weight i dont want. ive lost more than half the weight i needed to. went from 104 kgs to 93 (least reading) if i go to 83 or so it should be ok

anyway, right now i dont really have really high goals for this year since im gonna be really busy with college and my diet wont be the best anyway but oh well. i guess ill ask them about squats and deadlifts next time

and yes ive definitely noticed strength gains. and ive definitely lost fat from pretty much every area. right now most of the fat left is just at my belly. MUCH less on my legs or butt haha. and i guess a little everywhere else.

5 minutes bicycle
12 minutes running

triceps:
pressures on the pulley 51037.5
triceps extents with both hands 51220
extends with pulley 5920(each hand)

back:
pulley for the back, behind the neck 3860

then my left arm decided to start hurting again kinda and i had to leave anyway so i left but first i did 320170 or so leg press using my feet cause they “hurt” more than any other part of my legs when i run