Lord Humongous training log: Humongous T-transformation log

This is actually the fed I’ll be competing in. You know anything about em?

1 Like

Congrats on the squat man. I’ll throw a white light on the board. You’ll sink it next time you try that weight now that the confidence is there.

Srsly tho lel decent fed to compete kinda a “for the lifters” kind of deal.

tho their track record of big meets such as Reebok Record Breakers where multiple record attempts and attempts compromising record totals were called good when they were blatantly red light worthy and to have the gall to claim ATWRs on them is not just disrespectful to but downright fucking other lifters in the arse who’ve had their legit records broken by that shit.

6 Likes

Lol you are a GIF lord. It seems like now a days every fed has horror stories about em. The IPF has a whole thread on here about how shitty they are :joy: I’ll go check the SPF out in April and see what they’re about, and if I’m not impressed I’ll go with a different fed. What about USAPL?

3 Likes

12/10/17

Days till meet: 119
Weight: 269 (down 5 this week) goal: 260 by 1/1/18

Cut workout short, still feeling the workout from yesterday. Need to lay off the true max efforts and take a step back before I work myself into the ground.

Front squat:
135x5
135x5
185x3
225x1
255x1
275x1
300x1 (PR!)

Bench: (all paused)
135x10
185x5
225x1
275x1

3 Likes

DUDE. Save some PRs for the rest of us!

Congrats man! Also, I like the meet countdown.

1 Like

I shall never relinquish the GAINz. Come get em.

Yeah man. Just another extra layer of accountability. Everyone always says competing is the best thing you can do because it gives you a definitive goal to dial in on, and I agree with em. My focus is pinpoint right now.

2 Likes

IPF is USAPL. Try USPA, I’ve heard good things. GPC in Australia is pretty good generally, not sure how big it is in US.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I meant, sorry haha

1 Like

12/12/17

Another shitty workout

Squats:
Beltless:
135x5
185x3
225x3
275x3
Belted:
315x3
365x3
405x2x1

I was feeling great, but as soon as I got to 365 the weight got really heavy. Every rep of 366 and 405 felt like my hips shot up and I was about to fall forward. Just about walked out of the gym here but talked myself into Doug at least some type of upper body work.

Military Press SS w/ rows
3x10 / 3x15

2 Likes

Looking back over my log, I realized the problem is over reaching. In the beginning I was keeping the RPE low and not grinding any reps. Then I got greedy with PRs and starting pushing too far too fast. Instead of just being happy with 10lb PRs that felt good, I grinded 20-30 lb PRs due to ego. And every time I did, I’d have a shitty workout or two afterwards.

Plus I think an even bigger contributor to the shitty performance today specifically was I tried bracing differently (aka incorrectly). Instead of actually bracing my whole abdomen super hard like I always do, I decided maybe I was doing it wrong and I should really be pushing my gut out against the belt. Needless to say I had no core tension and this was why I kept trying to fall forward. My goal when I walked in was to hit 405 for a triple, and I barely got two singles. Derp. I shall give myself 10 lashes and 15 Hail Marys

3 Likes

Ya know, this is the GOLD in keeping a log. Being able to go back and learn from it.

Despite you feeling like you had a shitty performance, you actually learned a great deal and because it’s real life experience for you, you will retain that knowledge better than second hand bro knowledge.

All in all, I’d say today was a good day!

2 Likes

Mike Rashid said overtraining is how natties make gains tho.

2 Likes

I don’t know who Mike rashid is, but I see what he means. Working in periods of over reaching and over compensation works up until you reach farther than you can compensate

Not sure if srs…

You don’t know Mike Rashid the fake natty, snakeoil salesman whose every word is at best regurgitated broscience but probably just complete horseshit about being a lion or alpha or some other buzzword?

2 Likes

Yeah T Nation is the only training related social media I follow lol. I know zero about any of these social media fitness gurus except for alphadestiny (and that’s only because of the thread about him on here “lel”)

2 Likes

Hmm… if I had to choose between T Nation + Forum and the rest of the whole fitness industry as a source of info I’d go T Nation in a heartbeat but tbh there’s some gems out there you’ve missed out on because of that. Peeps like the Juggernaut Strength team for example who put out great content.

2 Likes

12/13/17

Beast mode! Put in a lot of work today

IMG_1640

Barely doing any pulling in the last few months is showing. All deadlifts moved well, and felt easy, but they all looked like shit. Couldn’t get into a good starting position, which made my upper back round cuz I couldn’t get low enough to pinch my shoulder blades together and I started every pull by leaning forward. I think it was partly do to:

1. my new iron bull lever belt came in so I broke it in today. It’s a lot stiffer, thicker, and isn’t tapered like my old one so it’s harder to get into position in

2. I usually pull in my squat shoes, with a raised heel, which lets me get more leg drive. Lifted in chucks today cuz you’re not “supposed” to lift in raised heels. Anyways, on to the session:

Deadlift:
Warm up: beltless, double overhand
Conv:155x5
Sumo: 155x5

Conv:245x3
Sumo:245x2

Conv:335x2
Sumo: 335x1

Fuck sumo

Work sets: all conventional with belt, mixed grip
385x1
425x3x1 (rep PR)
385 emom x10 (PR) videos at bottom

Snatch grip DL:
245x3
245x2x4

@Despade you better be getting that squat up cuz 315x20 is gonna suck

Bench Press:
Ramp: paused
135x5
185x5
225x3
235x3
245x3
255x3

Clusters: from pins 1in off chest, 15 sec rest
225x6
235x6

Pump sets: TnG with no lock out
185x15
185x12

Taking a layers approach to bench, cuz it works for me. Will be adding volume for 4 weeks, working up to 4-5 clusters with 3 pump sets and then switch to a strength layer block for 4 weeks: ramp, clusters, ramp, clusters style.

Made sure I kept the RPE down today on DL and BP. No real all out sets. Huge gains in DL though. Back when I did the 405 emom challenge earlier this year I only got 365 for a really hard 7. I coulda blown out 385 for another 5 at least

2 Likes

In other news, I may be a fatty but at least my traps and lats look good lol

1 Like

The lifts are great and all…

but damn, that empty gym!

Do you lift at 2am or something?

When I pull, I goose someone at lease once a set when they try to squeeze around me.

And lolz @ the octogenarian strolling through at :38