Lord Humongous training log: Humongous T-transformation log

11/29

Fast day.

I made the impromptu decision that today will be a 24 hr fast day. Last meal was at 7 o clock last night so will be doing an all day fast til 7p. Will be updating my misery throughout the day.

0900: doing ok so far. Never super hungry in the morning.

0930: nvm. I’m fucking hungry.

1200: doing alright. Hunger comes and goes. Drank a Sprite Zero. Zero calories still counts lol

1400: broke my fast a few hours early. I got most of my calories yesterday earlier in the day. So by this afternoon my gnawing hunger was so bad it was making me nauseous

1 Like

Made me chuckle out loud

3 Likes

^^ Agree :100:% fucking hilarious.

Good luck @lord_humongous - don’t eat the neighbor’s :dog:

Chest supported DB Rows? Keeps the lower back out of it.

Yeah I do chest supported t bar rows for most of my rowing. The lower back was giving me problems on the Snatch Grip Rack Pulls. It was sore when I started and was on fire the whole time I was doing em. I’ll try em again on a day where my lower back isn’t feeling cranky

11/30

Pretty solid. Wasn’t feeling super energized for this session, but still got good numbers.

Squat:
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x3
315x1
345x1
365x5@10 (PR!) 345 was light so decided for PR
385x1
405x1

OHP:
Barx20
95x6
115x5
135x4x3
135x7@10

(Was going for 5x3, decided to blast the last set)

Even though I’m still posting good numbers, I’m feeling some fatigue build up in my lower back so I’m gonna throttle back a little for the next few sessions. I’ve been throwing in too many @10s lately and it’s catching up

Very nice!

Then hitting 405lbs afterwards. What is your 1Rm sitting around for squat these days?

1 Like

Hey thanks man. Yeah, the 405 was really hard after that lol. So far I’ve only ramped up to 405 for a double. After I deload for a couple sessions I’ll try to ramp up to at least 425-435

(Edited)

1 Like

Felt like dog shit yesterday. Haven’t eaten anything in like 36 hours. Trying to go in today and do a light deload session

“Only”

1 Like

Due to illness and work schedule my deload week ended up turning into 5 straight days of no training. Getting back in the groove tonight. It might take a while to get the groove greased again, but those few days off will probably help I the log run

Also, if you saw my other thread, I’m doing my first powerlifting meet on April 14th. I’ve let myself balloon up to 270 and was thinking about trying to make the cut to 220 since I’m doing the t-ransformatiom challenge anyway, but I think it’d be smart to make the cut to 242 and compete there then make it down to 220 by June 1.

1 Like

12/6/17

Comin in with the comeback PR

IMG_1588

Deadlift:(used rogue 55 lb bumpers)

155x10
205x5
245x3
295x2
335x1
385x1
425x1 conventional PR
445x1 lifetime deadlift PR
455x0 got an inch off the floor and decided it wasn’t worth it

Bench: all paused except for 305
135x10
185x5
225x3
245x1
275x1
285x1
295x1
305x1

Close grip bench:
225x2x5 paused
225x1x3 slow eccentric no pause

3 Likes

Boom! PRs are dropping all over the damn place, congrats!

Your squat and DL are pretty close eh?

Mine are over 100lbs apart, it appears I really need to work on my squat…

1 Like

Thanks man! I’ve found a training style that really works for me. Shout out to @MaazerSmiit btw. Lurking in his log was the inspiration to start training this way lol.

Yeah they usually stay within 30-40 pounds with each other. I’ve barely done any pulling for months, so hopefully since I’m looking to hit 435 on my squat next week I can spend a few sessions get the neural patter down again for the DL and get it up to the 465-475 range fairly quickly. At least in a perfect world any way lol

1 Like

We are very similar here. Too many squatting injuries over the years have left my squat behind and deads thriving. Sucks, but that’s the process.

Kind of late, but I’m watching this log. Good numbers and solid sessions. Good work @lord_humongous

2 Likes

And people still question whether deloads are a good idea.

Looks like you were fresh and ready to attack some weight once you got healthy!

Yeah man, every time I spend a few days to recover I come back with major PRs

Following.
A lot of our numbers are comparable, which has been rare for me to find, although our methods are probably radically different. Frequent squatting? Fuck that. I’d rather sleep on a bed of hot nails than squat more than once every eight days…
But it looks like it’s working for you. PRs dropping all over the place.

Holla.

Following.

1 Like