T Nation

Loosing Hair All Over Body - Help!

I have been experiencing hair loss for several years now. I started back when i was around 19, it was very slight, but i noticed when i was about 20 that my hairline was definatley receeding and that the hair on top of my head had thinned along with the temples.

Now, most people here i know are going to tell me, "its just genetic" but even though ive been to a few general diagnosticians, and a Dermatologist. I am not totally convinced. im not at all convinced actually( although i do concede to the idea that some of it could be hereditary)my moms dad went bald. but not at the rate i have.

I used to take alot of bodybuilding supplements such as creatine, and fat burners like Hydroxycut, and ripped fuel, along with VPX redline. and it seemed that the hairloss coincided with the use of these products. and i also used a prosteroid one time call syngexII, from VPX.

around the time that i took the syngexII i noticed my hair changing color from almost black to a reddish hue. and i was also taking fat burners along with this.
so around 20 i basically freaked out and eliminated these products all together. but my hair was never the same.
over the years i managed to keep most of my hair. but the lure of the rush of taking fat burners soon overcame me and i was back to buying them. i couldn’t help it i was addicted. yet i went off them for another brief period. this was my early 20s, and i had noticed some thinning in my body hair!

being addicted to training and feeling like i needed a boost of energy was a real hard thing for me. i just missed the days when i could run and workout as a teen before i was ever introduced to ripped fuel by a friend. something ill regret forever.
In my mid 20s, from about age 22-25 i couldn’t help but take stuff like stacker 2 before training every day, just because of the energy, but i felt it was causing health issues and wanted to get off. finally at 25 i was able to shake the habit because i worked an outside job and it was so hot that taking anything like that would have dehydrated me to the point of death. yet i still drank coffee like i always had. and since i wasn’t taking the fat burners anymore i drank coffee like a maniac. the same skin flushing reaction i got from the fat burners happened with the coffee. and i noticed slowly more hair loss over time.

At this point in my life, im 27 and hair form all over my body, arms legs, my facial hair,

even my pubes , and hair between my asscheeks seems to be thinning. the only thing that seems to not have been hit as bad are my eyebrows, but i have no idea how long theyll hold out.
The dermatologist i went to did biopsies on my forearm and scalp and said it was due to “INFLAMMATION” ok… yes but form what? he then prescribed me a corticosteroid clobetasol proprionate, and said to try it on my arm, i did , but the most this drug did was make me tired. I told this mother fucking doctor that hair from my whole body was falling out, but he didnt seem to listen. he just left me with" its male patern baldness. mother fucker…
Im like, dont i need a blood test for autoimmune disorders and shit? cmon for christs sake.
ive given up coffee, and im now on wellbutrin or buproprion sr, which is said to thin hair. but im so depressed i need meds. fuck i dont know what to do, i know this post is super long and not written very well. Does anyone know anything about this, what kind of Doc should i go see. there is definatley something wrong with my body. i dont want to end up a hairless freak. Im going to go to every expert i can to find out whats wrong. PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING HELP!

Thanks,

I lol’d. No way is anyone reading that.

Remember the Reach toothbrush commercials?

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
I lol’d. No way is anyone reading that.[/quote]

I did. I was fucking hilarious. Highly suggested read.

Yeah, that’s too long.
If you have alopecia, do your best to get ripped to look like Dr. Manhattan.

Oh and don’t forget to paint yourself blue or it won’t work.

For fucks sake. Did it ever occur to you to exercise, eat healthy, get enough sleep and trust your body to do the right thing? Of course not, why did I even ask.

You’re a hypochondriac with male pattern baldness and you’re over-reliant on those whacky supplements which don’t do shit for you. They’re just mental crutches.

Except for the very slim chance you have low test, there’s nothing any doctor can do for you. Going that rout will just frustrate you even more. You don’t need doctors, medication or fucked up supplements. You need to relax and accept life. You know there’s a guy on here who regularly uses nootropics, steroids and sexual performance aids? Do you want to be the type of guy who needs something for everything?

I have the exact opposite problem, as I get older Im getting furrier and furrier, If I dont manscape I will look like a Yeti. My earlobes are disturbing me a great deal as well as actually getting hair on my fucking nose. The only place where hair doesent grow well is on my head…its definitley teh creatinez, fucking side effects of roid ragin brah

and not for nothing how did you figure out if your ass crack hair is thinning out? I would welcome this change, Im going to look in my closet for some expired Stacker 2 STAT!

An excellent piece of creative writing. The author conveys the sense or mounting dread and desperation as the hair thins well, drawing the reader into a rollercoaster ride of hair loss and supplement addiction.

Assuming you feel fine apart from that, why is your hair so important to you? I went bald at 21.

Seriously, you may have Alopecia Areata.
Look into this or visit the National Alopecia Areata Foundation website.
My daughter has this autoimmune condition and it can manifest itself at anytime during your life.
Seriously, if the dermatologist you went to has not discussed this or considered it, than get to a real professional.

You need to learn to just relax and accept the situation without blowing things out of proportion… Yeah you have male pattern baldness, but the rest sounds like it could almost be a mental thing too, Do not be so negative about it… You went to a doctor and they told you what to do, You don’t need another medication or drug you just need to learn how to just move with the ocean of life… Some people go through far harder things… You do not need to blow something so minor out of proportion for yourself. I am sure you will be fine.

You need to learn to just relax and accept the situation without blowing things out of proportion… Yeah you have male pattern baldness, but the rest sounds like it could almost be a mental thing too, Do not be so negative about it… You went to a doctor and they told you what to do, You don’t need another medication or drug you just need to learn how to just move with the ocean of life… Some people go through far harder things… You do not need to blow something so minor out of proportion for yourself. I am sure you will be fine.

so you did a shit load of supps before you were even twenty? Nice

Count, i second, it was a halrious and suggested read.

Matty XL…looking tank in the new avi man.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I have the exact opposite problem, as I get older Im getting furrier and furrier, If I dont manscape I will look like a Yeti. My earlobes are disturbing me a great deal as well as actually getting hair on my fucking nose. The only place where hair doesent grow well is on my head…its definitley teh creatinez, fucking side effects of roid ragin brah[/quote]

Fucking LOL Matty

OP you have Alopecia, shave your head now and just go with.

Could always be worse you could have testicular cancer.

[quote]mudshark wrote:
Seriously, you may have Alopecia Areata.
Look into this or visit the National Alopecia Areata Foundation website.
My daughter has this autoimmune condition and it can manifest itself at anytime during your life.
Seriously, if the dermatologist you went to has not discussed this or considered it, than get to a real professional.[/quote]

You are new here but I already like you because of your avatar and username.

THE COSMOS AT LARGE
IT’S SO VERY BIG
IT’S SO FAR AWAY

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I have the exact opposite problem, as I get older Im getting furrier and furrier, If I dont manscape I will look like a Yeti. My earlobes are disturbing me a great deal as well as actually getting hair on my fucking nose. The only place where hair doesent grow well is on my head…its definitley teh creatinez, fucking side effects of roid ragin brah[/quote]

MATTY!

For fuck’s sake… your avatar! Man, you look phenomenal!!!

Thanks Brother! I shaved!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Thanks Brother! I shaved![/quote]

LOL!

What did you shave off? Fat? You look like you’re prepping for a show.

Lol @ some of the comments. So harsh.