T Nation

Loosing Gear After Injection

It seems to me that even after injection there is still going to be about 0.1cc of Test from the point of the needle to the bottom of the syringe at the 0.0 mark…

Is there any way to avoid this, or even a sanitary way of saving it??

The only thing I could think of was to reuse the syringe 3 days later for the next injection with a new needle, but that doesn’t even sound to sanitary to me either.

Is this just an imperfect science, where I would have to decide to either lose almost 2ml through 20 1ml injections or to administer 0.9ml instead, for 225mg instead of 250mg…?

Any and all advice/input is much appreciated!

[quote]Dbird00 wrote:
It seems to me that even after injection there is still going to be about 0.1cc of Test from the point of the needle to the bottom of the syringe at the 0.0 mark…

Is there any way to avoid this, or even a sanitary way of saving it??

The only thing I could think of was to reuse the syringe 3 days later for the next injection with a new needle, but that doesn’t even sound to sanitary to me either.

Is this just an imperfect science, where I would have to decide to either lose almost 2ml through 20 1ml injections or to administer 0.9ml instead, for 225mg instead of 250mg…?

Any and all advice/input is much appreciated![/quote]

Duh thats why even the most novice used knows thats why you withdraw 1.1 cc’s and not an even one…

You could use slin pins or

Put a little air bubble between the oil and plunger that way the little bit of air will push all the oil out

[quote]Saresky wrote:

Duh thats why even the most novice used knows thats why you withdraw 1.1 cc’s and not an even one…[/quote]

I think that anyone who has read what I wrote would cleary know that I fully understand if I wanted to inject a full 1.0cc that I would need to have 1.1cc in the syringe… “DUH” (are you kidding me)

I was asking IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO AVOID LOSING THAT LITTLE BIT??

I was looking for advice/input like BUDs has given…

[quote]BUDs wrote:
You could use slin pins or

Put a little air bubble between the oil and plunger that way the little bit of air will push all the oil out[/quote]
this. a little air if your going in the quads sit down and the bubble will stay up top and clear it. in the butt its a little harder to do this because of the angle.

[quote]roadwarrior83 wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:
You could use slin pins or

Put a little air bubble between the oil and plunger that way the little bit of air will push all the oil out[/quote]
this. a little air if your going in the quads sit down and the bubble will stay up top and clear it. in the butt its a little harder to do this because of the angle.[/quote]

So basically if I was to try this bubble technique, the best way to do so is to have the syringe vertical so the bubble will naturally be at the top against the plunger?

I’m aware (or so I have read) that for any harm to be done, like 2-3ml of air would have to be injected, which is a wicked lot…

How much air do you guys put in the syringe for this technique? just 0.1ml to cover what would be lost or a little more?

[quote]Dbird00 wrote:

[quote]roadwarrior83 wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:
You could use slin pins or

Put a little air bubble between the oil and plunger that way the little bit of air will push all the oil out[/quote]
this. a little air if your going in the quads sit down and the bubble will stay up top and clear it. in the butt its a little harder to do this because of the angle.[/quote]

So basically if I was to try this bubble technique, the best way to do so is to have the syringe vertical so the bubble will naturally be at the top against the plunger?

I’m aware (or so I have read) that for any harm to be done, like 2-3ml of air would have to be injected, which is a wicked lot…

How much air do you guys put in the syringe for this technique? just 0.1ml to cover what would be lost or a little more?[/quote]
it depends on the size of your pin if you dont get it right the 1st time you will the second but i would start with .1 thats about what i pull with a 3ml 23gX1-1/2". and your correct on the 2-3mls of air so dont worry.

[quote]Dbird00 wrote:

[quote]Saresky wrote:

Duh thats why even the most novice used knows thats why you withdraw 1.1 cc’s and not an even one…[/quote]

I think that anyone who has read what I wrote would cleary know that I fully understand if I wanted to inject a full 1.0cc that I would need to have 1.1cc in the syringe… “DUH” (are you kidding me)

I was asking IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO AVOID LOSING THAT LITTLE BIT??

I was looking for advice/input like BUDs has given…

[/quote]

I was simply messing with you, calm down. -_- But go figure like the vast majority of the people on internet forums you are taking everything way to serious…Love you :slight_smile:

with 23s, 25s etc, you are going to lose some in the pin barrel regardless…losing fractions of standard dosed gear…meh who cares. round numbers dosage wise and 100 percent passing through the pin dont make a cycle a cycle. realistically, i doubt you are loosing an entire 10th of a ml. dont stress over it.

RoadWarrior - Thanks for the advice, when I try it I will prob put between .1 and .2, I have 3ml syringes too and go to my quad as I would think that will be the easiest as you mentioned.

juice20jd - Thanks, hopefully you are right and its less than I think. Either way, I am only going to put 1ml and not 1.1ml, as saresky mentioned. I would rather have the last 2 weeks of my 12 week cycle when I only have 25ml. And if I am loosing a little bit, meh who cares, right? lol (it’s only 25mg at the MAXIMUM)

BUDs - Thanks

saresky - LOL… believe me when I say, Bob Marley couldn’t be as calm as I have been. I through in the CAPS so hopefully you would understand the original question at hand. I wanted to know if there was any way NOT TO LOSE that little bit of gear, and not how to get an even 1.0cc injected while still loosing approximately 0.1cc… and I’m sorry I can’t say I love you too, but give yourself a pat on the back for me as you deserve it for displaying what an A for effort can look like! :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you guys posted as to how I did with the “bubble technique”, thanks again

I did my first injection today! Pumped to say the least!

I went to my left deltoid but I didn’t try the bubble technique. I guess I just wanted everything to go smoothly, and it sure did!

I’ve read some pretty bad stories about infections, so I def don’t want that shit to happen. I used two alcohol swabs on my deltoid prior to injection, one on the top of vial, and then another one on deltoid after the injection…

I thought for sure I was going to feel a pretty good pinch, but to be honest I didn’t feel shit and it went in like butter which was awesome and relieving in a way I guess.

My buddy had given me a dozen or so 25 gauge 5/8 inch needles, but I wasn’t sure of those were long enough so I went and picked up some 25 gauge 1 inch needles. I buried the 1 inch into my deltoid as far as it would go so it definitely got into the muscle nice, and it was absolutely painless.

Anyway, I think for my next injection I’m going to go for my right quad. I figure that will be ALOT easier to try the “bubble technique”, especially for a “noob” like me haha.

the bubble technique is hardly even a technique man. Once you draw out the oil, pull the plunger back a little more so there’s a bubble. That’s it.

Don’t worry about injecting air, you need to inject a ton of it into a vein for there to be the slightest danger. It’s cool, people only die from it in movies.

[quote]Dbird00 wrote:
I did my first injection today! Pumped to say the least!

I went to my left deltoid but I didn’t try the bubble technique. I guess I just wanted everything to go smoothly, and it sure did!

I’ve read some pretty bad stories about infections, so I def don’t want that shit to happen. I used two alcohol swabs on my deltoid prior to injection, one on the top of vial, and then another one on deltoid after the injection…

I thought for sure I was going to feel a pretty good pinch, but to be honest I didn’t feel shit and it went in like butter which was awesome and relieving in a way I guess.

My buddy had given me a dozen or so 25 gauge 5/8 inch needles, but I wasn’t sure of those were long enough so I went and picked up some 25 gauge 1 inch needles. I buried the 1 inch into my deltoid as far as it would go so it definitely got into the muscle nice, and it was absolutely painless.

Anyway, I think for my next injection I’m going to go for my right quad. I figure that will be ALOT easier to try the “bubble technique”, especially for a “noob” like me haha. [/quote]
i used to do site injects in my shoulders on prop and tren ace cycles on shoulder day just because i saw guys who were more knowledgeable then me and bigger did so. I never noticed a difference so i justr hit my quads and sometimes my glutes if im getting sore sites on my quads from pinning alot. really the only time the bubble technique is good is when your pinning ed or eod because the loss acumilates to be more over time. nothing wrong with wiping down i keep a box of swabs with my gear and wipe the tops and the site always. i tend to use the same tip for drawing and switch a new one for injects the stopper on my tren ace is pretty hard rubber and dulls the point. i flush my drawing point with alcy too just to keeps things clean. good luck man and keep us posted id like to hear how it goes.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
the bubble technique is hardly even a technique man. Once you draw out the oil, pull the plunger back a little more so there’s a bubble. That’s it.

Don’t worry about injecting air, you need to inject a ton of it into a vein for there to be the slightest danger. It’s cool, people only die from it in movies.[/quote]

nice, sounds simple enough

lol in the movies… movie always over exaggerating shit, i knew it was like more than 3ml or some shit tho.

[quote]roadwarrior83 wrote:

i used to do site injects in my shoulders on prop and tren ace cycles on shoulder day just because i saw guys who were more knowledgeable then me and bigger did so. I never noticed a difference so i justr hit my quads and sometimes my glutes if im getting sore sites on my quads from pinning alot. really the only time the bubble technique is good is when your pinning ed or eod because the loss acumilates to be more over time. nothing wrong with wiping down i keep a box of swabs with my gear and wipe the tops and the site always. i tend to use the same tip for drawing and switch a new one for injects the stopper on my tren ace is pretty hard rubber and dulls the point. i flush my drawing point with alcy too just to keeps things clean. good luck man and keep us posted id like to hear how it goes.[/quote]

I think I’m just going to mix it up between my delts, glutes, and quads. I drew from the vial and injected with the same 25 gauge needle and it still went in wicked smooth. It prob took like 3 or so minutes to draw tho, kind of expected that tho. I’m def hoping to get some nice size from this cycle as its my first! I took before pics and measurements for this small size calender book thing to keep some stats in.

So I did my second injection today, ever, in my right quad. I did the bubble thing as it was much easier to do going straight down into my quad with two hands available, and it worked out perfectly! My first injection I def lost some gear, less than .1ml, that was left between the end of the plunger to the end of the needle. With the quad injection today, it looked like I didn’t even lose a single drop!

I also wanted to say that the quad injection was completely painless too, barely felt anything with a 1 inch 25 gauge needle. The first half going in, I didn’t feel a damn thing. Then when I buried the second half inch, I could feel it going in but pain or a stinging sensation would be the last words I would use to describe it. I wouldn’t say I was nervous, but I had it in my head that it was going to be somewhat painful for a moment from all these random reviews and forums I have read about people not preferring quad injection because it hurts or stings. I don’t know if it is because I use a thinner needle or if they are just little pansies… haha

Thanks again guys

Def already gaining weight from the Dbol. I cannot wait for the Test to really kick in! I can foresee this to be an awesome experience!

Most people don’t like pinning quads because of the pip not the actual injection

YUP LOL

Had no idea what “PIP” meant after reading it multiple times, until I just looked it up right now… “Post Injection Pain” and I don’t think there would be any better way to describe what I am feeling right now LOL

It kind of has to make me laugh now… My leg felt absolutely nothing until about an hour maybe two before I left to go to the gym today, about 24-25 hours after injection maybe a little earlier idk, when I noticed it was just a little sore nothing much. Today was leg day, and my legs were SPENT by the time I left so I thought that might of had to do with the soreness increasing. Its been about 36 hours right now since injection and my right quad feels like there a bruise in it, you cant see any bruising tho.

Def not something that I can’t handle, it almost feels like a dead leg as if someone punched my thigh! That’s the best way to describe it I guess.

[quote]Dbird00 wrote:
YUP LOL

Had no idea what “PIP” meant after reading it multiple times, until I just looked it up right now… “Post Injection Pain” and I don’t think there would be any better way to describe what I am feeling right now LOL

It kind of has to make me laugh now… My leg felt absolutely nothing until about an hour maybe two before I left to go to the gym today, about 24-25 hours after injection maybe a little earlier idk, when I noticed it was just a little sore nothing much. Today was leg day, and my legs were SPENT by the time I left so I thought that might of had to do with the soreness increasing. Its been about 36 hours right now since injection and my right quad feels like there a bruise in it, you cant see any bruising tho.

Def not something that I can’t handle, it almost feels like a dead leg as if someone punched my thigh! That’s the best way to describe it I guess.

[/quote]
its one of those things you learn to deal with its not bad just annoying, sometimes i get it sometimes i dont. im pinning tren ace ed and cyp 2x weekly. I just dropped my prop frontload and since i dropped it i havent had any pip. i really only got it on 3ml days when everything hit. glad to hear your shits going good man.

It will get better, quads are my favorite spot I can pin 2-3mls pain free although slin pins in the delts are just splendid