Loosing Fat and Getting Stronger

So i want to get ripped as i have enough muscle mass now to look good, but it’s embarasing when the people i train with get stronger and stronger while i either maintain or get weaker, i used to have good progress but the last 8 months has been kinda, on and off. january to may i tried to cut, my calorie restriction was 500 calories from 3000 to 2500, i am surprised today that i actually lost fat eating so much, but i guess the body used to eating 3000. So like i said i stopped in may, and said, fuck it, i haven’t made progress at most exercises and are even weaker at some, on top of that i haven’t lost enough fat for it all to be worth it.

So i stopped for two months, gained most of what i lost back and got a lot stronger. That would be trough may and june. at the end of june it was summer and i decided to try and loose fat again, this time my diet was better as i was more experienced. I tried eating 3-4 meals a day, getting around 1800-2000 calories with around 160 to 200 grams of protein. But yet again i got weaker, and the progress sucked, some weeks i lost nothing, some weeks i lost a lot.

So yeah i stopped again after doing this trough july and august.

So here i am again, trying to get stronger but i still want my fat to melt away. Any suggestions?

I used to do cardio, about 20 to 35 mins, around 3 times a week, but sometimes i gave a bad effort.

I eat normal food, like hot dogs,eggs,burgers, occasionally chicken and rice, etc.

I have worked out for a total of 1 year and 8 months now, so i am really not a newbie.

Probably would help if you wrote out your workout routine.

I do 4 day upper body/lower body split, what i am doing is that on my main exercise of the day i do 2 warm up sets then 1 set to failure, then 3 or more easier sets.

With monday:

Shoulder press around 5 sets,
Bench press dumbbells 5 sets
chin ups 5 sets

Tuesday
Deadlift 5 sets
Hyper extensions 5 sets
quad extensions 5 sets
Shrugs 3 sets

Thursday
Bench press 5 sets
Tricep pushdown 5 sets
One hand dumbbell row 3 set
Cable row 3 set

Friday
Squat 5 sets
Lounges 3 sets
Good mornings 3 sets

About what i eat:

I eat normal food like eggs, occasionally chicken, burgers, hot dogs, etc.

Who cares. You have been told many times what to do.

Stop wasting our time.

[quote]ultralars wrote:
I eat normal food, like hot dogs,eggs,burgers, occasionally chicken and rice, etc.
[/quote]
Could be the problem.

I would switch up your routine lol, it’s a little off. Going to the gym right now so i can’t lay out an example but KingBeef’s “do this routine instead of that dumb one” has solid examples.