T Nation

Loose Skin.

Hey guys. I have run into a serious problem and it becoming more obvious everyday. In the last 15 Months I lost about 50 kilos ±1. Now that my fat stores are starting to get under the low I am noticing loose skin everywhere. My legs, buttocks and especialy around my wast I know I can do something about lower body but my mid section is horrible. Is there any way I can encourage skin elasticity or is there artifical ways besides surgery to get rid of this skin?.

Keep in mind I am not a lifter, I kickbox. My final goal is 75 kilos with 15%-10% BF

Stay hydrated give it time and the younger you are the better. Also build new muscle mass to take the place of the fat. Other then that Not much bro. Make sure your getting good nutrition including your fats to keep healthy skin etc

Congrats on the fatloss

Phill

I have a clean diet. I don’t eat garbage. (Not any more) but I do have an occasional icecream or yogurt.

I currently take 3 capsules of fish/flax oil… Should I take more? This is one thing I was never clear on.

[quote]Happypillz wrote:
I have a clean diet. I don’t eat garbage. (Not any more) but I do have an occasional icecream or yogurt.

I currently take 3 capsules of fish/flax oil… Should I take more? This is one thing I was never clear on.[/quote]

I would 3 grams aint much bro I personally use 20-30g+ but hey thats me lots of opinions on it and Lots of article covering fish oils etc. Try a search.

phill

Well its baggy day so I will readjust my fishoil dosage.

Just to clarify something to myself.

Not take them on an empty stomach. Not for breakfast either…

Can I do 2 times a day… Lunch and preworkout?
Or 3 times a day. Lunch with shake at 3 and preworkout?

I take them all damn day long every meal
Main thing get them in even if all in one meal

Phill

I have found that by dropping to a low level of body fat (sub 10%) the skin tends to pull itself back in. Its the fatty tissue under the skin which drags it down and if you have nothing but muscle under there it usually has no choice but to pull back in,

I also found that once you lose a vast amount of weight the saturated fat cells tend to go all soft, this really doesn’t help the matter in your case, but get to your desired level of body fat then decide if your skin is lose…My experience anyway

I am geting these ugly looking wrinkles around my waste line to mention the horendous stretch marks. But it sounds like there is hope… I will keep at it and not worry to much about it.

Damnit, home surgery is not expensive, and do you want the loose skin off or not?

http://www.xacto.com/p_cuttingtools_knives.asp

I know three or four guys who have lost significant amounts of weight, and they all have this problem. I probably will have this problem too when I reach a desirable body fat percentage. It’s better than having a huge gut though.

Yep its heck of a lot better then having a gut… Its so nice being lean. 29 size waste is very nice… Its amazing how everything changes when your thin.