Loose Skin?

Hey everyone, I had a 6 week vacation last winter with family (well deserved)and with the vacation came lots of restuarant eating and lack of exercising. The end result is that I came back hugely out of shape.
Since then I have lost around 35 lbs and have noticed that I have loose skin around the front inside of my biceps that kind of wrinkle up when I move my arms back and forth.

My question is will this skin tighten up in time when my body gets use to my smaller girth?

I am 38 yrs old.

Thanks

Not going to lie or make it pretty for you NOT likely to get all the way tight hell im a few years younger and have a nice share of loose skin. have had for 5 + years it aint going no where.

Two options and your lucky its just arms. Grow some arms. get them bigger bi’s, tri’s, even shoulders and pecs and it will get tighter. Use lotion get/keep that skin plyable it mat tighten a bit that way.

#2 surgery but in your case id say gain some size 35 lbs is Great but not huge enough to leave a ton of loose skin that cant be tightened via muscle gain and some natural skin tightening.

Nice work on the transformation.
Phill

How do pro’s go from bulking 80+ lbs and then diet it off at 40+ and still retain tight skin?

Ive gained and lost over 70lbs and im 36. Yes it takes a long time to tighten up but if your diet is in shape it will come.

My main problem now is the left over stretch marks, those are here for good.

[quote]maxx power wrote:
How do pro’s go from bulking 80+ lbs and then diet it off at 40+ and still retain tight skin?

Ive gained and lost over 70lbs and im 36. Yes it takes a long time to tighten up but if your diet is in shape it will come.

My main problem now is the left over stretch marks, those are here for good.[/quote]

Agreed. Unless you are losing over 100lbs and/or you are over the age of 45, the elasticity should return. Pro bodybuilders regularly gain and lose over 40-60lbs in prep for contests.

I have my share of that. I lost 160lbs of fat in about a year and a half. Too much, too fast. I’ve kept it off and gained a bit of muscle since then.

It left me with some loose skin which has tightened up a bit but not enough. I understand that if you eat a diet rich in healthy fats and limit saturated fat it helps the body absorb some of the excess trying to get more saturated fat into the system (yes it needs some of that too).

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’ll just have to fill what’s left with muscle to tighten it up completely…or that is the goal anyway.

I have no scientific data to support this, but take it for what it’s worth. I would think your nutrition would have to be right in order to remodel the collagen fibers, etc. This would include your protien, fats, and vitamins for sure, especially vitamins E and C. I’d take extra vitamin E on top of the multi to to tune of 1000-1500 iu a day. I currently take an extra 1500 a day, esp for my twice a day workout days. Maybe not necessary, but it makes me feel better. Hope it works out for you.