Loose Skin

I’ve never been skinny either, I’ve always been on the chubby side, but you’re not gonna see considerable gains unless you get over the fat-a-phobia.

← I last looked like that in the end of may. I loved it, all my clothes looked great on me, I got compliments on my hawt abz… but I was too small especially in my upper body. i’m just gonna have to wait til next year to get back to leanness.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Why would someone with over 210lbs of lean body mass want to be 180lbs at 14%.

Math…it’s what’s for dinner.[/quote]

Ummm, not to nit pick but…

240 - (240 * .22) = 187

Still better than 180 @ 14%, but I’m a stickler for math being correct. Your point is 100% spot on though!

[quote]late2thegame wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Why would someone with over 210lbs of lean body mass want to be 180lbs at 14%.

Math…it’s what’s for dinner.[/quote]

Ummm, not to nit pick but…

240 - (240 * .22) = 187

Still better than 180 @ 14%, but I’m a stickler for math being correct. Your point is 100% spot on though![/quote]

Yep. I screwed that up.

Don’t drink and drive, kids.

[quote]bgc wrote:
my diet today was Breakfast-1cup egg whites and oatmeal
Lunch- swiss chalet chicken ceaser salad
After school- Chicken breast
dinner/post workout-Chicken breast and brown potatoe

this is a good day because i have to deal with my mom being lazy and cooking a frozen pizza for dinner or pasta she’ll cook chicken about 3 times a week and i hide the left overs haha

[/quote]

Um, you are 18 years old, right? Cook your own dinner?

i can cook my own dinner and do sometimes. but i don’t have the money to afford it and my family isn’t exactly rich to be stocked with food

ok so from the math part some people say i look 35% so i would do 240-(240x.35) and that takes away the fat from my body then i would times by 1.14 if i wanted 14% body fat?

get a skinfold caliper, learn how to do a 3-pinch (or have it done by someone knowledgeable), use a tape measure to track your circumferences, and keep pics as you progress. 14% body fat looks different on people depending on your build so telling you to shoot for any specific % would be a shot in the dark.

240 * 0.35 = 84 (fat mass)
240 - 84 = 156 (lean mass)

(x - 156)/156 = 0.14
(x - 156) = (0.14) * 156
(x - 156) = 21.84
x = 21.84 + 156
x = 177.84 body weight at 14% body fat

Ok thanks for the calculation i got the same number just didnt know if i was right but its gunna be a lot of work :slight_smile:

Dinner :slight_smile: not sure if it was to many perigees tho lol

[quote]bgc wrote:
i can cook my own dinner and do sometimes. but i don’t have the money to afford it and my family isn’t exactly rich to be stocked with food[/quote]

Get a job. A lot of 18 year olds have jobs.

tbh i dont normally have the time i went back to hs to upgrade courses this semester i have advanced functions, Data management and philosophy next semester i have calculus English and law so i have quite the big work load then usually 2-3 hrs of homework a day plus figuring stuff out then 2 hrs at the gym like ya there’s time but i don’t get to chose when i work i know people who work like 5-11 and what not so i might try nd get a job and see if i can handle it but i did have a summer job but a lot of that went to car insurance

and im not trying to make excuses :stuck_out_tongue: in the summer i worked 8 hrs a day in a factory starting at 6 in the morning and it was 45 mins away woke up at about 4:30 3-4 times a week wasn’t a every day thing

Eggs and tuna (not mixed together) are cheap, nutritious, and very good in sandwiches, salads, or just by themselves.

i can do eggs but not tuna i dont like fish i always have egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast

huh? in HS I was in all advanced placement classes (the kind they give you college credit for) except for language and math (was still in honors). in retrospect I wouldve had all the time in the world as long as I didn’t dick around with my homework.

whatever job you do get, put the money to good use. ground beef is $15 for 5lb, eggs are $10 for 72 or so, and a bag of white jasmine rice is like $30 for a 25lb bag. those are NJ prices at Costco.

Ok ya I’m in Canada so we have university and college but isn’t USA all the same but i get 2-3 hrs of homework and wouldn’t brown rice be better then white?

i just used it as an example, I eat quinoa instead of brown rice. white refined carbs should be a staple in your postworkout meal.

[quote]bgc wrote:
i can cook my own dinner and do sometimes. but i don’t have the money to afford it and my family isn’t exactly rich to be stocked with food[/quote]

Pfffff like everyone else is rich, and doesn’t have other responsibilities outside of the gym. It’s more cost effective to buy relatively healthy, unprepared food, than it is to buy frozen pizzas and crap like that. I’m a full time student too bud, so are plenty of people on here. I have time for a job, and I bet you do too. I work, take classes, and go to the gym 5 days a week. If my lazy ass can do it, yours can too. You just have to want it.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

[quote]bgc wrote:

Pfffff like everyone else is rich, and doesn’t have other responsibilities outside of the gym. It’s more cost effective to buy relatively healthy, unprepared food, than it is to buy frozen pizzas and crap like that. I’m a full time student too bud, so are plenty of people on here. I have time for a job, and I bet you do too. I work, take classes, and go to the gym 5 days a week. If my lazy ass can do it, yours can too. You just have to want it.[/quote]
my mom shops not me lol but like i said about work what if i get a shift from like 4-11 theres no time for the gym in there or homework so basically id be screwed but like i said im trying to get a job and if it doesnt work out it doesnt

Alright bro, you’re about to get some real talk. I’ll preface this by saying that I do have pictures in my log over in the Training Logs, but I’m not going to dig them up.

I weighed 350 lbs at 6’ when I was 18 years old.
One year later I weighed 250.
One year later I weighed 197.

A few things to note - rub your belly with cream all you want for years and years, loose skin just flat out takes time to tighten up. I guarantee I had(ve) loose skin issues much worse than you will, but it’s not something I have a whole lot of control of. The decisions you made in your life up until this point have affected the way you will look for a number of years, even if you do get in shape. I’m not saying this to discourage you, I’m telling you this so you’re not depressed when you do get lean.

As I alluded to, however, your issues won’t be severe. You’re a big fellow, but the overall damage could be a hell of a lot worse.

Focus on slow and consistent weight loss. If you feel the need to cheat every once in a while, DO IT. Skinny people / in shape people growing up don’t understand a lot of the psychological liabilities that come along with being obese. They’re real, and by depriving yourself of something you CRAVE will only mean that once you do succumb to your temptations you’ll go on an all-out binge. You need to gradually, and slowly start tapering out all of the bad shit systematically.

For instance, earlier in the dieting process I would eat a few bad things a week. Some pop-tarts here or there, maybe a big bowl of creamy soup at my university’s dining room.

As you start getting leaner, you will notice the changes that eating bullshit has on your body more dramatically. It will turn into cheating once a week… which will turn into cheating once every two weeks, and so on and so forth.

Lift heavy, lift smart, and do NOT kill the cardio. You can and will be able to lose weight at a more consistent and quick rate than people who bulk and think they’re “fat,” (see: 15% bodyfat.) That’s fine and dandy, but if you end up losing too quickly you will waste away. I don’t have some fancy science article to back this but I lived it.

I guess most importantly, if/when you do fall off the bandwagon, pick your head up and get back on. It might happen. Try not to let it happen. (This is different than a cheat meal, by the way.)

And lastly, for god’s sakes, stop assigning the way you look certain body fat percentages. It doesn’t fucking matter. It’s that simple. Your mirror does the talking, as does your clothes. You will know when you’re in shape/thin/whatever - there’s no mistaking it. STOP using arbitrary bodyfat percentages, immediately. I don’t know if I can stress that enough.