Loose Skin After Weight Loss

How many of you have lost alot of weight and have loose skin? I know i do but when i got it i only lost around 60-70 pounds. I know someone who lost 100 and he has a 6 pack and is competing in 4 weeks. Does anyone know anything about this?

-Wildman

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
How many of you have lost alot of weight and have loose skin? I know i do but when i got it i only lost around 60-70 pounds. I know someone who lost 100 and he has a 6 pack and is competing in 4 weeks. Does anyone know anything about this?

-Wildman[/quote]

Congratz on the weight loss, I’ve also dropped about 70 lbs myself and have plenty of loose skin. Every individual is different. Amount of loose skin doesnt only rely on how much but how fast the weight came off. Im using some Palmers “firming butter” with shea butter,collagen,elastin, vit e and q10 in it. After i lotion up I put a small underarmor shirt on for compression. There is a thread somewhere out there of a guy using the lotion+compression method and after his huge weight loss, he had minimal loose skin and some nice abs. No homo

Anyone else know the thread im talking of?

two things I can tell from personal experience:

1. It’s easy to blame extra fat on loose skin. People think they can never have a 6 pack because they have loose skin. That’s not true unless you have a really bad case of it. You just have to lose more fat like everyone else.

2. With time, it only gets better. It’s been 1.5 years since I lost a fast 50+ pounds and it’s only gotten better (tighter). So no reason to feel bad about it. Make sure there are no fast weight fluctuations during this time. Being young also helps speed things up, it’s no lie. And yes, genetics also play a role but you don’t play a role in genetics so you might as well ignore the fact.

Also, if you do have loose skin, it’s always a good excuse/motivation to put on some solid mass. When you lose 60 and put on 30 pounds of muscle over the years, I’m sure loose skin won’t be that much of a problem anymore.

there is another post regarding this :

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1968598

quite recently.

patience and no more shocks to the body for a while!

good stuff guys thanks, do you got any pix of how bad urs is?

no homo either

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
good stuff guys thanks, do you got any pix of how bad urs is?

no homo either[/quote]

Well batteries in my camera died earlier today… so no pic but i can pull skin about 2" to 3" from bicep and even a lil more from the belly but theres also some fat in there. When i do push ups is when i notice it the most. My pouch of loose skin and fat hangs disgustingly lower than the rest of my body… I know everyone is jumping to see this. Best of luck to you

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:

no homo either[/quote]

Stop that shit right now.

I’m pretty lucky. I lost about 85 pounds. I’m now down to about 205 and probably around 8% body fat. I lost a lot of it pretty fast…first 40 pounds in six weeks.

I don’t have any noticable loose skin. I have a six pack and am pretty firm all over. I can say I really focused on using lots of lotion as I was losing weight. I can’t really say if it made a difference, but I’m happy with the results so far. It’s a constant work in progress though.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Wildman90 wrote:

no homo either

Stop that shit right now.[/quote]

not a fan of the football quotes i see

If you are going to use something topical, use something that actually affects the collagen of the skin, like glycolic acid, Retin-A, or ascorbic acid. Palmer’s will do nothing but moisturize.

my sister-in-law had a loose skin pouch after her pregnancy. She actually had this laser procedure done. It tightened the skin and like the one poster said, it increased the collagen or something like that in the skin which increased the elasticity. The results were noticeable after the first treatment.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
my sister-in-law had a loose skin pouch after her pregnancy. She actually had this laser procedure done. It tightened the skin and like the one poster said, it increased the collagen or something like that in the skin which increased the elasticity. The results were noticeable after the first treatment.
[/quote]

i’v never heard of that! il deff. look into it