T Nation

Loose Skin Affects Appearance of Bodyfat?

Really simple question, and I know going by eye isn’t the greatest tool when determining bodyfat, but can loose skin affect a caliper test or the appearance of how much bodyfat one has?

Not all that much, but it will probably make you look fatter than you really are till the skin tightens up, and you will have to accept that!
Also if a former fat guy looses a lot of weight and has loose skin and posts on RMP here, there will be at least one nimrod who will question his bf% using a visual guesstimate.

This guy claims a bf% of 11 but we had some very educated dudes poking fun of the guy (eddie would tow, accipeter).

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
Really simple question, and I know going by eye isn’t the greatest tool when determining bodyfat, but can loose skin affect a caliper test or the appearance of how much bodyfat one has?[/quote]

Ya that’s what I thought. More and more I regret my fat childhood…

It weird, from the nipple line to about halfway down my thighs I still look a little fat, but all other places look good and slim.

I guess it doesn’t help that I’m pale as a ghost either. But I don’t care about looking or being a little fat. Now if I could only get whiter…

I do caliper test for a friend with a lot of abdominal loose skin, and I do not believe it affects the reading at all. You still pinch 2 layers of skin.

I thought that as well.

It’s safe to assume then that two guys with the same bodyfat, the one who has more loose skin from losing weight will LOOK fatter.