T Nation

Looking to Use Alpha Male

im looking to start a stack of Alpha Male, Surge, and some BCAA’s to drink throughout the day in attempt to regain my momentum of weight gain.

my only question is that since im 20 years old is the Alpha Male going to be effective or will it just be a waste of money? im looking to gain about 10lbs in 4months.

10 lbs in 4 months? that shouldn’t be too hard.

what’s your current weight, bf?

what does your daily nutrition look like?

10lbs in 4 months shouldnt be too hard. With Alpha Male, it’ll be easier, and you’ll probably stay a little leaner, too.

It will be effective, albeit not as much as a 35 year old who’s got low T levels.

That said, diet and training is going to make you gain that weight, not Alpha Male by itself.

Oh, you’ll be horny as shit. It’s pretty sweet.

Just eating clean and a lot of protein(1.5g/lb bw) and keeping carbs at moderation should get you to gain 10 lbs in 4 months no problem. I agree with the other posters, show us what your diet consists of and how much you eat per day.

well right now i dont know what the hell is going on, it could be stress, it could be the after effects of my semi-recent cold still lingering (i still have a cough…but my cold was like 2 weeks ago). either way i feel like my appetite and gym performance have been off…also my regular gym closed and i was lifting a the YMCA which is a really fuckin gay place to lift.

anyway, my current stats are 6ft, 200lbs, and maybe 12-14% bodyfat, im not sure but i have pics in the rate my phys.

my diet consists of a lot of milk, eggs, and whatever else i can eat. i was doing the Anabolic Diet for 6-7 months so im no stranger to protein but i left it because it became boring to the point where i was hesistant to eat because my cooking sucked.

for breakfast i try to have a package of bacon so thats like 20 strips and a glass of whole milk. then ill go to school and have some food in between class which i try to make some kind of leftover from dinner, usually something that isnt too bad cold. then ill come home and eat again which could be anything, maybe more bacon, maybe a dozen raw eggs and some whole milk or whatever i have laying around (i tend to drink a lot of eggs and milk when i run low on other foods b.c i can just buy them at the corner store) i also eat a lot of tuna and mayonaise.

anyway, for postworkout ill usually have a gallon of milk which will last me from say 5/6-10 then ill have some cottage cheese before bed. i think my main problem is loss of appetite i used to eat like a monster, 5 dozen raw eggs a day, lots of peanuts, cheese, salami, roast beef then it was like my growth stopped and i havent really gained much weight (if any) in at least 2months

ive been tweaking my training a lot too, trying to emulate what got me from 170 to 200 in less than 6 months. i try to do a mixture of DoggCrap style 1 set rest-paused with and then add another set or two after with high reps

heres a sample from my log of my last two training days:

Deadlift 345lbs 6-rest-1-rest-2.5/3? (rest = 20 seconds)

Shrugs 235x20 (just one set)

Flat bench- 70lbs 10-rest-3-1

incline bench-35lbs each side x15 (one set)

pull ups 7-rest-2-rest-1

lat pulldown machine-70lbsx8 45lbsx10

tricep pushdowns (2 ropes) 60lbs-15-rest-7-rest-3-4(?)

bodyweight dips (down to chest) 6-rest-4-rest-2

Leg Day/Biceps

leg press 390x10 / 320x15 / 270x12 …i feel like i had more reps left in all of those

seated calf raise 190lbs 11-rest-7-rest-4

preacher curl 30’s x5 / 25’s 2 my biceps have been sucking lately

cable curls 30x10 / 20x5 …my left gave out really quick

i was going to do RDLs but they were still sore and i was pressed for time

no offense, but your nutrition sucks IMO.

20 strips of bacon and milk for breakfast?

then a dozen raw eggs and milk?

my god, I’d throw up after each of those meals.

do yourself a favor, and work on your nutrition.

instead of spending $50 on Alpha Male, get either Gourmet Nutrition 2 for $50 shipped, or Precision Nutrition for $100, it will be well worth it.

exactly what is wrong with my nutrition?

i dont give a fuck about vegetables and shit, im looking to put on weight not lose it. all my food selections are good blend of protein, fat, and carbs which are essential for weight gain, especially if youre an ectomorph such as i am.

You should still eat your vegetables.

What’s wrong with it? You’re probably deficient in so many micro nutrients building any kind of muscle will be tough.

Add in some fruit at least, that way you’ll pack in more calories and get a good amount of your micros.

Please don’t come off defensive, you’re looking for advice, and well, 20 strips of bacon is loads of saturated fat with no EFA’s, same with the milk (at least no EFAs), then a dozen raw eggs, same deal unless Omega-3s, but even then they are uncooked which the protein isn’t that highly absorbed as if it were cooked.

http://johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm

its the same stuff i was eating which took me from 170 to 200 in under 6 months so its not as if im coming off as defensive…i know the food types that work. my question was about Alpha Male, not nutrition. i understand its healthier overall to take in more fruits etc but to say that i need to be eating more fruits and vegetables in order to build muslce is just untrue. hope i dont come off as a dick, i understand youre trying to give advice its just im more concentrated on how Alpha Male will effect me.

Your diet is nearly god-like. My lord an entire package of bacon for breakfast. 5 dozen eggs a day.Thats amazing. Thats more eggs than even Gironda’s students use to take(3 dozen).
Forget about what those other ppl say. Gironda’s basic diet was
Meat:unlimited and eggs:unlimted

The more the better.

I am trying to get like you. How do you prepare your raw eggs. Oh yea and you know you can eat meat raw too. They don’t tell you that part. Thats thing I could see you adding to your diet.

Don’t eat any vegetables thats a waste of stomach space. You already know this though.

No fruit either it will turn straight to fat. I KNOW. After a couple of months on a low carb diet once you introduce carbs you gain water and fat like mad. I went from 200 to 235 in a couple months.
How long were you eating 5 dozen a day? Your gains must be incrediable!

[quote]AztecWarrior wrote:
Your diet is nearly god-like. My lord an entire package of bacon for breakfast. 5 dozen eggs a day.Thats amazing. Thats more eggs than even Gironda’s students use to take(3 dozen).

The more the better.

I am trying to get like you. How do you prepare your raw eggs. Oh yea and you know you can eat meat raw too. They don’t tell you that part. Thats thing I could see you adding to your diet.

Don’t eat any vegetables thats a waste of stomach space. You already know this though.

No fruit either it will turn straight to fat. I KNOW. After a couple of months on a low carb diet once you introduce carbs you gain water and fat like mad. I went from 200 to 235 in a couple months.
How long were you eating 5 dozen a day? Your gains must be incrediable![/quote]

Who is this aztec warrior? 1 post and its pure abuse to the OP.

While I agree with the people that are amazed at your crappy diet; I won’t go on and on about it.

When I was 23 I took Alpha Male (2 bottles of it properly cycled) and didn’t notice a dam thing. It was a waste of money (for me) and I probably won’t be buying any more until I’m over 30.

If your looking to spend $50, it’s better spent elsewhere (whether it be other supps or more eggs/milk)

did you ever gain those 10 lbs?

[quote]B rocK wrote:

When I was 23 I took Alpha Male (2 bottles of it properly cycled) and didn’t notice a dam thing. It was a waste of money (for me) and I probably won’t be buying any more until I’m over 30.

If your looking to spend $50, it’s better spent elsewhere (whether it be other supps or more eggs/milk)

[/quote]

It’s a huge mistake to assume that because something works for you, or doesn’t work, that it will do the same for all others.

In this case, Alpha Male and TRIBEX (then TRIBEX-500) worked very well for me when I was the OP’s age.

As long as a product is legitimate, the only way he’ll know how he’ll respond is to try it.

[quote]AztecWarrior wrote:

The more the better.

How long were you eating 5 dozen a day? Your gains must be incrediable![/quote]

Brutal.

I highly recommend giving it a run whether you’re 41 or 21. If training and nutrition are dialed in a bump or boost in T-levels is always beneficial. I first used it at about 26 with good results and still use it now at 38.

D