Looking to Start a New Supplement

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Possumwee wrote:
Oh and weight gainers post workout arnt so great as the Maltodextrin in them is slow digesting and PWO your body will want simple fast absorbing carbs like Dextrose.

You might want to learn more before posting.

Maltodextrin, like dextrose, is a very fast digesting carbohydrate.

The only time I’d use either of these is PWO.[/quote]

Seriously.

You also want to be taking your beta-alanine and creatine on none workout days as well. And 14$ for 100grams of beta-a in powder form is a little steep…

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
ratm88 wrote:
2274 wrote:
Whey, BCAA, ZMA and something thermogenic.

Why in the world would you recommend a 160lbs lifter a thermogenic? To the OP you seem to have everything in order supplement wise and your PWO protocol seems pretty good. If you really wanted to try another supplement I’d say go for the beta-alanine, good stuff.

But in all honesty I think you should just save your money keep training and eating hard and avoid taking to many supplements for now.

Spend your money on top sirloin :slight_smile:

Personally, I might buy thermogenic stuff as well even at 150. I’m not doing it for the fat loss but for the energy boost and mental stimulation it gives. I’ve also read that stacking thermogenics with a massive diet allows you to gain lots of mass without gaining much fat.[/quote]

None of what you just said makes sense.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
ratm88 wrote:
2274 wrote:
Whey, BCAA, ZMA and something thermogenic.

Why in the world would you recommend a 160lbs lifter a thermogenic? To the OP you seem to have everything in order supplement wise and your PWO protocol seems pretty good. If you really wanted to try another supplement I’d say go for the beta-alanine, good stuff.

But in all honesty I think you should just save your money keep training and eating hard and avoid taking to many supplements for now.

Spend your money on top sirloin :slight_smile:

Personally, I might buy thermogenic stuff as well even at 150. I’m not doing it for the fat loss but for the energy boost and mental stimulation it gives. I’ve also read that stacking thermogenics with a massive diet allows you to gain lots of mass without gaining much fat.[/quote]

Yes. It may seem weird, but thermogenics are also useful when you’re trying to gain weight. My friends have used it in the past and had success. I have used them as well and set a few strength PRs with them. I stopped using them because I had trouble sleeping, but I don’t think it would hurt to give it a try.

Take note. Just try. I didn’t say it’s THE solution.

Well I decided to not take beta-alanine for now. I might jump on it in a month or so for the performance benefits (being able to pump out 2-3 more reps would be great for my failure training). Right now the only supp I added was liver tablets to help increase my appetite so I can eat, eat, eat.

Other than that, what’s the consensus on the weight gainer PWO? yes or no?