T Nation

Looking to Make Sure I Do Things Properly

I know this is my first post and I’m asking for advice. I hope that I’m in right place. From the time that I’ve spent reading here, I believe I am.

I am intending to go about my first cycle of Test E and I want to make sure I do things properly.

I’m 35 5’8" 170 12%BF. I have completed a cycle of H-Drol and was happy with the results. I gained 15 lbs and kept 10 after PCT. I have been in the gym for about 4 yrs. Only the past year with the intention of gaining size and strength. Diet is good snd I found on cycle from the H-Drol I can eat like a horse, which I will do this time as well. If there is anything else you need to know please ask.

My cycle is planned as follows

Test E 375 twice per week for 10 weeks
Arimidex .25mg EOD
Nolva 40/40/20/20 and already on hand in case of gyno

I feel pretty comfortable with this for a first cycle of true gear but I have 2-3 weeks before I begin anything to adjust things or purchase more gear as needed. From my research this seems like a solid cycle (I know for some the dosage is high for a first cycle but I’m comfortable with it) but I want to be positive before I go at it. I’m also aware that some people take HCG and others do not. I’m choosing not to unless I’m told that it’s truly necessary.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Anyone?

One thing I’m not positive about is the Adex. I’m wondering if .25 is too low. It seems at Test 750 per week I may want to up the Adex to ED or .5 EOD.

I

I would run the adex at .5mg eod

I’m running a lot of test as well and in my opinion, you will need .5mg Adex EOD. If you don’t, that’s really awesome for you, and you’ll feel your joints get a sandy shitty feeling in them. If that happens, bump it down to .25mg EOD.

Thank you.

I really wanted to hear from someone experienced that I have planned this properly. I feel like I can research something to death and I still wouldn’t feel comfortable until someone with some experience gave me a thumbs up. I understand what I plan to do and don’t take it lightly. I wouldn’t learn to skydive on the internet and then go jump out of plane without someone to guide me. Again, thanks for the guidance.

I will up the Adex to .5 EOD and pay attention to my joints. If dosing the Adex too high is anything like the joint pain from a PH then I will no problem identifying it.

If anyone has anything else to add, I’m here to learn.

An old-school, bro-science, trick is to also start the AI a few days before the actual cycle. Some claim this builds up your lack of aromatase, if that makes any sense.

I can do that. I have also read that some people load the first week or two on Test E with an extra 500 to get into the sweet spot or the good weeks a little earlier. The math made sense to me but I’m not sure it’s a good idea for a first timer. What is the consensus around here? (as If a consensus is possible anywhere) I guess more appropriately what are the veterans thoughts on this practice?

Also, I forgot to ask. Research has shown that ideal needle is 18-23 gauge. I ordered 20. They are already ordered but does anyone have any thoughts on this size? I know to heat the test to aprox. 100 for easy pinning and to help PIP. Is there anything else that I should know? I will be doing this myself. No fear of needles but I do prefer to make this as easy as possible.

[quote]installglass wrote:
Also, I forgot to ask. Research has shown that ideal needle is 18-23 gauge. I ordered 20. They are already ordered but does anyone have any thoughts on this size? I know to heat the test to aprox. 100 for easy pinning and to help PIP. Is there anything else that I should know? I will be doing this myself. No fear of needles but I do prefer to make this as easy as possible.[/quote]

18-23??!! Are you crazy! 25g is the largest ill go. 20g to draw, 25g to inject AND even better 29g slin pins for the delts

I can do that. I have also read that some people load the first week or two on Test E with an extra 500 to get into the sweet spot or the good weeks a little earlier. The math made sense to me but I’m not sure it’s a good idea for a first timer. What is the consensus around here? (as If a consensus is possible anywhere) I guess more appropriately what are the veterans thoughts on this practice?[/quote]

I always front Load my cycles. But for your first run I wouldn’t.

Thanks. All noted. I read that test has a hard time flowing through smaller than 23 and it was even suggested that you could explode or expand a pin under your skin. I will get new supplies. This is why I’m asking. Time spent here amongst those who know is extremely valuable and I do appreciate any advice given.

Thanks. All noted. I read that test has a hard time flowing through smaller than 23 and it was even suggested that you could explode or expand a pin under your skin. I will get new supplies. This is why I’m asking. Time spent here amongst those who know is extremely valuable and I do appreciate any advice given. [/quote]

My compounding pharmacy puts my cyp in grape seed oil. I pin with 23G 1.5" in my glutes. 1ML literally takes < 10 seconds, room temperature oil, no pip.

It’ll flow in 25G just fine and honestly no reason to heat it up to 100 degrees or anything like that. Room temp (70-75?) will do just fine.

Slin pins, I don’t know. Probably just takes a little longer to push through but lots of HRT guys inject it sub-c with 29G. I tell ya what- I’ll pin 29G in my delt this Sunday and let ya know =).

By the way, if you’re worried about poking yourself my best advice is: do youre glutes, big target, not many nerves, 1" is probably good unless you’re a hambeast. You can always hold a piece of ice on your injection site to numb it a bit (and yea I did this on my couple because I was waaaaaaay over complicating the process).

I will be ordering new supplies. An assortment of needle gauges from 20-29. I’m not afraid of the poke at all. Just getting my ducks in a row and trying to learn as much as I can. Getting the actual product has proven tougher than I expected. (Western Union denied transaction) so I’m looking into other suppliers and have time to get new ancillaries.

I’m also wondering, if you are using a syringe with changeable needles, are you using the syringe more than once? My expectation would be a new, sterile one every time. I’m only asking because it appears some suppliers are selling 1-2 syringes with 100 or so needles.

you would’ve been scared to pin if you’d gone and got yourself those 18s! It’d be like sticking yourself with a biro

I will be ordering new supplies. An assortment of needle gauges from 20-29. I’m not afraid of the poke at all. Just getting my ducks in a row and trying to learn as much as I can. Getting the actual product has proven tougher than I expected. (Western Union denied transaction) so I’m looking into other suppliers and have time to get new ancillaries.

I’m also wondering, if you are using a syringe with changeable needles, are you using the syringe more than once? My expectation would be a new, sterile one every time. I’m only asking because it appears some suppliers are selling 1-2 syringes with 100 or so needles. [/quote]

Syringes and needles are always single use items. You can dispose of the syringe in the trash. Needles should be responsibly disposed of in a sharps container or substantial plastic container that can be close (2L soda bottles are useful). Insulin syringes are all-in-one jobs so they’ll go with your sharps.

If you’re looking for brands. I use Terumo needs and syringes with a standard luer lock system (needles will twist on and off). Buy 100x3ML syringes with 18G needles and 100x23/25G needles (maybe get half 1.5 and half 1 inch- see what works for ya).

• Swab the top of your vial with alcohol swab.
  • Open your 18G, pull back the amount of air volume you’re going to inject (1.5ML for you), pierce the vial in the center and push the air into the vial.
  • Slowly draw back your required dose, if you have bubbles then draw a little more and work the bubble to the top and clear it back into the vial.
  • Remove and recap the 18G needle.
  • Twist off 18G needle and replace with 23/25G needle leaving the safety cap on.
  • Prep your injection site with alcohol swab.
  • Uncap your 23/25G needle and gently insert the full length into muscle. Aspirate, look for any blood (we don’t want to be in a vein). Push slowly but firmly. A steady hand will result in less soreness (imagine that needle tip bouncing around in the there).
  • Remove the needle gently (no need to rip it out of there). If you have a bleeder that means you nicked a vein or capillary, this is no problem and you should not be concerned (because you aspirated!). Use a bandaid if you need to.
  • Recap the 23/25 needle, twist off and dispose of in a good plastic container along with your 18G.

Please don’t be the guy who throws needles (even capped needles) in the trash. Someone’s going to have a bad day because you where lazy.

Thanks. I had already looked up and watched a few videos about the correct pinning procedure and will certainly refer back the first time or two. I had already planned to always use new, sterile equipment. I don’t think anyone could have changed my mind on that, I’m just being curious and trying to learn as much as I can.

If anyone knows, why would anyone sell 1 syringe with 100 needles? Do people honestly go cheap and reuse things? I can’t think of a good reason to put your health in jeopardy like that. Such a minimal expense in the grand scheme to insure that you are safe and healthy. I’ve already ordered a sharps box. They cost all of $5. Pretty simple.

It turns out the syringes I ordered were Luer lock with 20g so all I had to do was add on the smaller gauge needles. Should be all set.

Thanks again. Once the test gets here I will post as to how things go for me.

hahahah i was forced to use an 18g one time and I almost threw up afterwords. im not one that minds pinning either but its like sticking a steal shaft in your body. when I inserted it, my whole quad twitched uncontrollably. not to mention I had a terrible leak and lost prob 3cc gear after pulling out from the giant hole it left

lost .3cc gear i meant lol. BIG difference there

You scared me for a second. I was thinking you were crazy with at least 3cc in a syringe.

I reordered and am going to take care of payment now. I added in some Test Prop to jump start things. I thought about dbol but figured I’d better just stick with Test and see how I react to it before I go overboard with stacking. I just started thinking that I might get impatient waiting 4 weeks to feel the enan.