Looking to Get Buff

here’s me on saturday after training arms, i’ll post another to show what i looked like before

sorry thing wouldn’t upload. Is this a decent improvement for 2 months of training?

before (27th of july)

chest tommorow and im looking forward to it…should be going out tonite but i’ll be back in plenty of time for a good sleep…may have a mcdonalds while out but i found the sweet chilli chicken is only 440 kcal so ill have that or the bacon and chicken salad.

Monday- chest, calves

incline bb press

35, 50, 65 6 rep (PB- 5kg more!)

machine press

40, 60, 60 (PB- turns out i’d made a mistke with the weight so im just counting plates on this now)

db incline flyes

12.5, 17.5, 17.5 8, 6rep (think its a PB)

crossovers

15kg 12,8, 10

calf raises seated

20, 40, 60, 70, 80 6 rep (PB- by 5kgs)

standing calf raises

130kg 3x9 (PB- by 1 extra rep each set)

Felt great today in the gym…chest was pumped and i felt strong. Pushed myself on the inclines - older guy who thinks he knows everything was on it repping 60 for 6 reps. Had to beat him!!!

Loads of personal bests again today and i’m really happy with the progress :smiley: Tried a little jogging saturday and although this used to be a strong point for me it definatly isn’t anymore haha, hope it doesn’t affect my leg workout tommorow!!

tuesday legs

leg extension

63, 77, 91, 98 12 rep (PB!! By 8kgs)

squat

60, 80, 95, 95 6 rep (last set = fail had a spotter do most of work :frowning: .)

leg press

6 plates, 8plates, 8plates + two 10’s (2 top set) 12,8,10,10

seated ham curls

49, 63, 77, 98 8 rep (PB!! By 7kgs)

rdls

60, 75, 90

gironda style ham curls

15kgs repped to failure (never done like this before so calling PB lol)

2 PBs and everythings on the up :slight_smile:

next leg day i’ll go up to 10 plates i think…could go heavier even but i train by myself so i don’t really want to get stuck with all that weight on it lol

gironda ham curls were just a little try out for something different. Felt okay but i’ll stick with ordinary i think as i couldn’t get a feel for the exercise. Might even use the hyperextension instead for a bit more lower back volume (i figure this might help with squatting and rdls a little better?)

thursday shoulders

machine lat raises

15, 15, 25, 35, 45 x8 reps (big cheat on last few reps lol)

db shoulder press

10, 12.5, 17.5 x12 reps (will move up to 22.5 nxt week) (Also PB)

db lateral raise

12.5, 15, 17.5 x15

shrugs

50, 70, 80 x9

rear delt db flyes

15, 17.5, 22.5 x8 reps (PB)

facepulls

20,25,30 x20 (PB)

Four PBs for me today- very happy…after the lateral raises i thought this session would be shit. I’ve had a really bad cold come on lately aswel which i thought would seriously balls up the workout. Not the case it seems and i’ve figured out how to do facepulls (lean back slightly and almost row to your face)

Got 1 less rep on the machine laterals but i figure that db press PB is more important anyway right?

Summary of the last 3 weeks is GOOD. Everything seems to be on the up and i’m still losing weight :open_mouth: Lol i’m actually trying to gain lean bodymass but if everything going up and i’m looking more muscualar aswell as leaner i’m not goin to increase the calories- i’ll save that for when i cant add any more weight on the lifts.

Friday - Back

pullover machine

25, 40, 55, 70, 75 6 rep

close grip chin up

bw, 7.5, 10kg x6 reps

t-bar rows

35, 50, 60

cable row

6 rings 15, 9, 9

No improvement from last week :frowning: …oh the tbars are up 2.5 kgs but thats all really.

Have been suffering with a bad cold though, which kept me up alot of the night so this was expected really. Should probably of not bothered going gym today but i did lol. Will go up again tommorow unless i’m suffering plague haa.

saturday Arms

db curls

22 4 reps (went to heavy)

preachers

10, 17.5, 17.5 8 reps (PR on this machine

db hammer curls

12.5 12,8,12

pushdowns

50 x12 (PR)

Dips

Skullcrushers

15 + heavier bar 3x12

Not the best session i’ve ever had but it was still decent with 2 PR’s- didn;t feel great as i’m just getting over this cold so i’ll assume this is going to affect my strength somewhat.

probably took way to long on the rest periods between some exercises and definaltly not enough on others. Oh well i’ll just have to get it sorted next week :slight_smile: Haven’t got much of a burn today really though which is shit, a little pump though.

Monday. Chest

Decided to try some higher volume stuff for chest just to see how it responds

BB incline press

40, 50, 67.5 x8 rep 50 x 12 rep (PB)

Machine chest press

40, 45, 50, 55

Db incline flyes

12.5, 17.5 x8,8,6 (PB)

Crossovers

15kg 3 set 12,8,10

Seated calf raises

ramped to 80kg x6 2 sets

130kg 4sets 12,9,9,9

Ok the pump i got in my chest was minimal :frowning: Still the weights going up so what the hell right??

I also did 2 sets of 80kg on calfs YAY!! Next week i’m going for 85 hahaha

I want to make improvements to body comp so bad i know it can take months to see any noticeable improvement but i want results now dammit lol!!!

TUESDAY LEGS

Leg extension

63, 77, 91, 98 15 rep (PR)

Squat

bar, 40, 60, 80, 95 10 rep, 80 12 rep

Leg press

6 plates, 8 plates, 10 plates, 10 plates 12 rep 2sets

Seated ham curl

49, 63, 77, 98 8 rep

RDL

60, 80, 100 6rep

Lying curl

15,20,25 reps-15,12,9

Really good workout today- everything is on the up :slight_smile:

My leg press has gone up yet again and i got extra reps on squats YAY!! Won’t be long til im hitting 4 plates, one week actually lool. TBH i think i might even be able to break a PR on squat before i finish on this program also with rdls- im about 10 kgs away from beating a PR anyways with this- infact the last time i deadlifted i got only 120!!

Forgot to mention i threw up after todays workout!! Felt really drained but so far today i’ve eaten:

Breakfat

50g oats
1 cup milk
8 egg whites
tsp honey
lucozade

PW

Multipower protein drink

Meal 2

Chicken soup
2 wholemeal baps
8 egg whites
tsp sunflower oil

Meal 3

Homemade turkey curry w/ loads of vegies
Wholemeal bap
Whey protein
Milk

I figure this to be around 2700 calories so far and will shoot for around 3900-4000. Never been sick after a workout before and all that came out was water and some white stuff (NO idea wat it was). Atleast i know what it means to put everything in now i guess, was reading some dorian yates articles and thought it really interesting when he said ‘i train not for muscle growth but intensity’ he explained his training was as much about building mental strength as growth- thumbs up on that :slight_smile:

On my rest day today. Had to go town so i did dinner at subway and had two scoop protein when i got back- not brilliant but atleast i didn’;t skip a meal.

Shoulders tommorow and i’m feeling good about it. Going for PB;s on db shoulder press, db rear delts, facepulls and shrugs, lateral raises also- so pretty much everything lol :slight_smile:

Diet hasn;t been brilliant this week and im feeling like im putting fat on although i can;t really see it so i guess its more in my head than anything.

Still pleased with my squats yesterday…going for 100kgs next week and although its not much doing them after leg extensions is HARD!! Quads are sore today i promise you. Drop sets on squats and bench this week have been really effective i feel. Saw Leverone doing similar in his workout and thought i’d try it. Gives an amazing burn haha.