Looking to Get Bigger: Critique My Diet

Ok so im looking to get bigger and this is what i plan on eating for the next few weeks.

Breakfast
-4 eggwhites, Glass of Whole milk, 1/2 cup of yogurt

Meal #1

• 1 cup of brown rice, 6oz chicken breast

Meal #2

• 1 cup of brown rice, 6oz chicken breast

Workout

• post workout protein shake

Meal #3

• Veggies, 15 almonds, 1/2 cup of yogurt

Now i do take other sups such as test booster and creatine, as well as multivitamins. I know my diets pretty boring but being a student and having rent to pay thats what il be eating for the most part.

I weigh 185, and am 6 feet tall.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

That’s too many carbs, unless you want to be a fatass.

[quote]Lover95 wrote:
That’s too many carbs, unless you want to be a fatass.[/quote]

Really?

I wouldn’t say that you’re eating too many carbs at all, switch it up though. I would limit the brown rice. Also, you’re not eating nearly enough calories. I would be surprised if you were breaking 2,000 kcal and for your size and height I would say you need to eat a lot more. Eat more protein, eat some fruit and different carb sources (sweet potato, oatmeal, etc.), and for god sakes eat MORE, don’t down an entire pizza but you definitely need to eat much much more.

Your going to have to eat alot more calories to gain size. Probably double the intake you have listed.

You don’t have a quality protien source in meal 3. Buy tuna fish, it is cheap.

Until you are able to dial in your nutrition and start gaining some size there is no need to consider any supplements.

add 3 protein shakes in there and your good. N Large is a good choice when size is a goal, but almost any will do. Maybe make 2 whole eggs and 2 egg white on the breakfast meal also.

You may want to have carbs post-workout as well.

Eggs and organic whole milk. Blend together and drink.

what can i toss in for more calories?

I suggest you use the search function as there have been so many articles written about this such as Massive Eating by John Berardi and many many more.

That being said, things like olive oil and all fats for that matter are extremely calorie dense. Liquid is probably the easiest way to pack in the calories. If you use whole milk, protein powder, maybe some oatmeal or flax, oil (olive or some nut oils) or some sort of nut butter, and even eggs. If you can’t take these ingredients and create some sort of high quality calorie packed shake then I don’t know what to say.

GOMAD would be a good place to start :slight_smile:

I cannot agree enough with the people saying whole milk. It’s all that seems to work for me. Start by having 2 or 3 then work your way up… I’m upto 8 pints atm (4.5 litres), its great when you don’t feel like eating as well.

I think they messed up the title of the thread. All you have posted is a cutting diet.