Looking to Do 5x5/3/1 3 Days, Programming Each Week?

Really excited I got this finally, and ready to finally rest that I have all I need programming wise lol. I want to do the 5x531 3 day week but have a mental block in figuring how to progress thru each cycle of each lift if one lift goes into following week. Hope this makes sense appreciate any help

I dont understand where is the problem exactly?

I guess what I’m trying to ask , is it’ll take more than a week to complete week of “5s”, like bench, squat ,deadlift following Monday press, Tues bench but go up to the week of “3s”

You could set it up like this i guess.

Week 1
Squat/Press/Bench

Week 2
Deadlift/Squat/Press

Week 3
Bench/Deadlift/Squat

Week 4
Press/Bench/Deadlift

Not sure how JW intended it to be tho.

It just wont be a week as a 7 day week. It will be 8-10 day training week or however you do it and then you move to 3s and repeat. I have a client that does only 1 training a week so we do press/dead one week, bench/squat the next. It’s 14 days for 5s, and 3s and then 1s… The way callendar was set up has nothing to do with training.

2 Likes

I’ve done this plenty of times in the past and it absolutely works.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks for breaking it down. For some reason I couldn’t figure it out lol appreciate it, happy holidays

This,then 1.2 (forget 1.3&4) works amazing…

1 Like

I’m definitely going to look at that, tbh I think 5x531 might be over much right now. I need to get a better base first before I advance something simple happy holidays