T Nation

Looking To Buy A Rowing Machine, But Which One?

I have around £300 ($485) MAXIMUM to spend and am looking for a decent Rowing Machine.

Do you guys have any idea what type of Rowing Machine to look for with a budget of around £300?

I know that the Concept 2 is currently the best on the market apparently, but with a price of over £1,000 ($1,610) I can't afford it, so I'm looking for something that is of decent quality & lastable.

I'd like it to have a respectable amount of resistance so that I'm able to perform HIIT type workouts on it if possible.

Thanks guys, would really appreciate some ideas/names of decent rowers if you know of any.

[quote]Vanchatron wrote:
I have around �?�£300 ($485) MAXIMUM to spend and am looking for a decent Rowing Machine.

Do you guys have any idea what type of Rowing Machine to look for with a budget of around �?�£300?

I know that the Concept 2 is currently the best on the market apparently, but with a price of over Ã??Ã?£1,000 ($1,610) I can’t afford it, so I’m looking for something that is of decent quality & lastable.

I’d like it to have a respectable amount of resistance so that I’m able to perform HIIT type workouts on it if possible.

Thanks guys, would really appreciate some ideas/names of decent rowers if you know of any.[/quote]

I own this one. A firefighter friend mentioned the firehouse gyms generally have them as part of their gym equipment.

http://www.elitefitness.co.nz/Schwinn-Windrigger-Rowing-Machine/P842/2570

Here in the states we have thrift stores and second hand sports stores that carry training equipment to fit your price range. Do they have them in England?