Looking Like Michael Phelps

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Is his physique more desireable than the ‘bodybuilder’ physique? [/quote]

No.

He is a great athlete, but as far as appearance goes, there is nothing attractive about him.

= :smiley: ?

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
FFS give the guy a break. If you had to suck on chlorine water all day you’d be mildly retarded too.[/quote]

I object ASSHOLE!!

He has ADHD. It is very difficult for them to focus on things.

I have a 12yr old with the same disadvantages, so I can better appreciate the things he has done

It is a focus issue not a learning disabilty

So think before you make RETARDED comments RETARD

[quote]theAnj wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Erasmus wrote:
He trains for a PURPOSE
and that is to swim as fast as possible

Anyway do women even KNOW what they want? i don’t thinks so

Not even women know what they want.

And no, I don’t want to look like an average guy.

Uh, I know what I want when I see it. And Phelps ain’t it. Yuck.[/quote]

so what do u want? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]mudpro69 wrote:
GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
FFS give the guy a break. If you had to suck on chlorine water all day you’d be mildly retarded too.

I object ASSHOLE!!

He has ADHD. It is very difficult for them to focus on things.

I have a 12yr old with the same disadvantages, so I can better appreciate the things he has done

It is a focus issue not a learning disabilty

So think before you make RETARDED comments RETARD

[/quote]

I suggest you do the same.

I dunno but male swimmers’ shoulders look way too wide for their body. Granted, wide shoulders are good, but in proportion to everything else it just looks way to weird.

I’d rather have his $5million/yr than his body :smiley:

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
He’s just a skinny guy with a wide-ass chest.[/quote]

I know this is a troll thread, but I have noticed, while watching these Olympics, that most of the swimmers, at least the finalists, have fairly w-i-d-e c-l-a-v-i-c-l-e-s. From a bodybuilding perspective I’d imagine that if these guys decided to put on some mass they’d have an impressive V-Taper.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
theAnj wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Erasmus wrote:
He trains for a PURPOSE

Uh, I know what I want when I see it. And Phelps ain’t it. Yuck.

I hear he’s great at the breast stroke.[/quote]

That reminds me of a party I went to years ago, where I met a guy who was exactly my height, whose buddies were making fun of his “bitch hands.” Me being drunk, I’m like “Let me see your hand” and put it right up next to mine. Me: “Wow yeah your hands really are the same size as mine.”

His response? He looked me straight in the eye, moved his palm an inch from the front of my shirt, and said “Yeah, but they sure would make your tits look amazing.”

Talk about a great comeback! If I’d had the cajones back then that I do now, I’d have asked for his number. Now every time I see really small hands I get a silly little grin. :wink:

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
theAnj wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Erasmus wrote:
He trains for a PURPOSE

[/quote]

Damn! Had to call me out didn’t ya. Um. Apparently I haven’t seen it yet.

Actually I regularly see amazingly attractive men. The problem is when they open their mouths and magically become unattractive. The exception to this rule is unfortunately rare, for either sex- at least in my opinion.

If anyone here has the magic answer for finding someone who is both physically and intellectually stimulating… chemistry and compatibility… do share. That’s like the holy grail we’re all looking for. Needle in a haystack. Good luck.

Apparently I’d rather spend my money and time buying Biotest stuff, working out and reading T-Nation than trying to find whatever it is I’m supposed to be looking for. Better than going on eharmony and being one of the majority of fat chicks whose profile you’d be scrolling down and thinking “Damn that girl ought to be spending her money on a gym membership rather than on here, that’d be a heck of a lot more productive toward getting a date.” (I have way too many friends who do that.) To each their own.

[quote]theAnj wrote:
thosebananas wrote:
theAnj wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Erasmus wrote:
He trains for a PURPOSE

Actually I regularly see amazingly attractive men. The problem is when they open their mouths and magically become unattractive. The exception to this rule is unfortunately rare, for either sex- at least in my opinion.

If anyone here has the magic answer for finding someone who is both physically and intellectually stimulating… chemistry and compatibility… do share. That’s like the holy grail we’re all looking for. Needle in a haystack. Good luck.[/quote]

your probably on the best site… id reckon this place is populated by many ppl that fit that description… have a look around :stuck_out_tongue:

Scott

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
theAnj wrote:
thosebananas wrote:
theAnj wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Erasmus wrote:
He trains for a PURPOSE

If anyone here has the magic answer for finding someone who is both physically and intellectually stimulating… chemistry and compatibility… do share. That’s like the holy grail we’re all looking for. Needle in a haystack. Good luck.

your probably on the best site… id reckon this place is populated by many ppl that fit that description… have a look around :stuck_out_tongue:

Scott
[/quote]

Uh, yeah I think I need to focus on learning from all the people on here and working hard and gaining muscle and losing fat- the IMPORTANT shit- before I go worrying about trying to get a date. A woman who is not happy with where she is at in her life (physically or otherwise) is not the best choice to date. Once I get to there, it’s a moot point, because then I probably won’t have to TRY to get a date anyway. First things first. :wink:

[quote]theAnj wrote:

Uh, yeah I think I need to focus on learning from all the people on here and working hard and gaining muscle and losing fat- the IMPORTANT shit- before I go worrying about trying to get a date. A woman who is not happy with where she is at in her life (physically or otherwise) is not the best choice to date. Once I get to there, it’s a moot point, because then I probably won’t have to TRY to get a date anyway. First things first. ;)[/quote]

lol… postive thinking. i like it! im takeing the same root atm, training and dieting etc. im pretty much a hermit apart my day job; i coach 100 kids randam sports 9-5 mon-fri. apart from that the rest of my time is training, eating, sleeping or on here… sad i know. :frowning:

Anj- you’re right about if you’re not happy with yourself dating can be a burden.

Granted, I don’t think many girls are every satisfied completely, but dating someone who is not at least comfortable with their body can cause problems and be a pain.

As for guys, I’d say look for someone that seems genuine and not someone that is always trying to impress people :shrug:

[quote]theAnj wrote:
Uh, I know what I want when I see it. And Phelps ain’t it. Yuck.[/quote]

Do you like big words?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
How many of you guys would like to look like Michael? He has won 7 golds with that body so it seems like the ideal bodytype. You KNOW the ladies are drooling when they look at him sans shirt. Is his physique more desireable than the ‘bodybuilder’ physique? [/quote]

He has an ideal bodytype for SWIMMING.

He’s too scrawny for my taste. I like guys that don’t look like I could beat them up.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Is it just me, or does he have a speech impediment?

I’d rather not look like Phelps, as well. As long as one isn’t fat, women will probably think they’re attractive, assuming they’re not facially ugly.[/quote]

TIP: It isn’t necessary to be ‘not fat’ to get with fine women. You can be fat AND ugly if you’ve got charisma.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Anj- you’re right about if you’re not happy with yourself dating can be a burden.

Granted, I don’t think many girls are every satisfied completely, but dating someone who is not at least comfortable with their body can cause problems and be a pain.

As for guys, I’d say look for someone that seems genuine and not someone that is always trying to impress people :shrug:[/quote]

You’re right, most people are works-in-progress anyway. I can psychoanalyze all day what the best dating philosophy is- fitness first or whatever… but when it comes down to it, if I come across that ever-elusive rare something that is real and genuine and catches that spark… well screw all this armchair philosophizing- I’m gonna take it and run with it as far as it’ll go!

Thanks, sometimes I need to be reminded not to just focus on the long-term goals, but to smell the roses and be happy with my progress and myself in the moment too. :smiley: Finding balance is easier said than done.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
theAnj wrote:

Do you like big words?[/quote]

Well the last guy I went on a date with was solely based on the fact that at my birthday party, we had an entire conversation about string theory. I broke out my “The Universe In A Nutshell” by Stephen Hawking just so he could help explain some of the things I was having trouble getting. People who have their “thing” that they’re really passionate about are attractive regardless of what that thing is I think.

But yeah, for some odd reason I do tend to like guys who build robots for fun and get it when I write things like WOW!~!

Michael Phelps does not strike me as that type, regardless of how supposedly attractive or unattractive he is.

Then again, women are WEIRD. We can be attracted to some really WEIRD guys, for reasons entirely undiscernable to rest of the population. I’m no exception.

that explains hot women with douchebags

[quote]theAnj wrote:
But yeah, for some odd reason I do tend to like guys who build robots for fun and get it when I write things like WOW!~!
[/quote]

Hey… did you know I built a robot for my senior year science project?

[quote]
Then again, women are WEIRD. We can be attracted to some really WEIRD guys, for reasons entirely undiscernable to rest of the population. I’m no exception.[/quote]

Have I mentioned I’m weird? I wear a propeller beanie and everything. In fact, I bet if you went out with me, the reason why would be entirely indiscernible to the rest of the population.