T Nation

Looking Like Michael Phelps

How many of you guys would like to look like Michael? He has won 7 golds with that body so it seems like the ideal bodytype. You KNOW the ladies are drooling when they look at him sans shirt. Is his physique more desireable than the ‘bodybuilder’ physique?

LOL

the man is a beast at what he does, and is a great athlete. but put him in a regular size shirt, and he’ll look like just some other skinny fit dude with a thicker-then-average neck. not really going to stand out when walking down the street.

the ladies are drooling over him b/c he’s phelps, not because of his physique (at least not compared to someone who is muscular, like CT for example).

at least thats my take.

does it matter?

He is a stud but i agree - in a xl tee - he’d be nathan

He trains for a PURPOSE
and that is to swim as fast as possible

Anyway do women even KNOW what they want? i don’t thinks so

[quote]Erasmus wrote:
He trains for a PURPOSE
and that is to swim as fast as possible

Anyway do women even KNOW what they want? i don’t thinks so[/quote]

Not even women know what they want.

And no, I don’t want to look like an average guy.

Is it just me, or does he have a speech impediment?

I’d rather not look like Phelps, as well. As long as one isn’t fat, women will probably think they’re attractive, assuming they’re not facially ugly.

And what exactly is so special about his physique?

Drop to about 150 pounds and you’ll look just like him. He’s just a skinny guy with a wide-ass chest.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
I’d rather not look like Phelps, as well. As long as one isn’t fat, women will probably think they’re attractive, assuming they’re not facially ugly.[/quote]

Double damn!

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
I’d rather not look like Phelps, as well. As long as one isn’t fat, women will probably think they’re attractive, assuming they’re not facially ugly.

Double damn![/quote]

Erm…chicks dig big words?

I’m kind of curious how he downs 12k calories a day

[quote]machiajelly wrote:
I’m kind of curious how he downs 12k calories a day[/quote]

That was exaggeration from media, on average more around 6k.


I’ll probably come off as a hater here, but physique wise I would not want to be him. His torso is way too disproportionate to his legs. He’s got a pretty hideous mug too when he smiles. He is amazing in the pool, though, and his body type is well suited for his sport. I just wouldn’t prefer to look like him.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
I’ll probably come off as a hater here, but physique wise I would not want to be him. His torso is way too disproportionate to his legs. He’s got a pretty hideous mug too when he smiles. He is amazing in the pool, though, and his body type is well suited for his sport. I just wouldn’t prefer to look like him.

[/quote]

I agree with this statement in its entirety.

And he has a speech impediment.

Amazing swimmer, however.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Erasmus wrote:
He trains for a PURPOSE
and that is to swim as fast as possible

Anyway do women even KNOW what they want? i don’t thinks so

Not even women know what they want.

And no, I don’t want to look like an average guy.[/quote]

Uh, I know what I want when I see it. And Phelps ain’t it. Yuck.

[quote]theAnj wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Erasmus wrote:
He trains for a PURPOSE
and that is to swim as fast as possible

Anyway do women even KNOW what they want? i don’t thinks so

Not even women know what they want.

And no, I don’t want to look like an average guy.

Uh, I know what I want when I see it. And Phelps ain’t it. Yuck.[/quote]

I hear he’s great at the breast stroke.

FFS give the guy a break. If you had to suck on chlorine water all day you’d be mildly retarded too.

[quote]theAnj wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Erasmus wrote:
He trains for a PURPOSE
and that is to swim as fast as possible

Anyway do women even KNOW what they want? i don’t thinks so

Not even women know what they want.

And no, I don’t want to look like an average guy.

Uh, I know what I want when I see it. And Phelps ain’t it. Yuck.[/quote]

That’s good enough for me, then.

[quote]shizen wrote:
That was exaggeration from media, on average more around 6k. [/quote]

Yeah, that makes much more sense