Looking Like I'm Wearing Shoulder Pads

I do Waterbury’s TBT and I love it. However, NO MATTER WHAT, my lateral delts have never ever been sore. I know that soreness doesn’t necessarily mean growth at all, I know this. But NEVER sore?? And they seem to be “firming” up, but definitely not getting noticeably bigger. My anterior delts are definitely getting stronger and larger. I am very shoulder dominant in the bench and have long arms at 6’2" tall. So, shoulder pressing, any benching, dips = all hit my anterior delts, but nothing hits the lateral delts directly.

I want the lateral delts to get larger. Even while cutting, my muscles are getting bigger (beginner gains), except the lat delts.

I started adding lateral raises at the end of the workout and no soreness and they don’t feel worked at all. I tried adding in upright rows but am reluctant on this move as I’ve heard all about the whatever that can go wrong or get pinched in your shoulders doing it, and my dad’s got bad shoulders already…

Any tips for lateral deltoid hypertrophy? Clean diet, making gains, getting noticeably leaner, just it seems they’re lagging. Much thanks in advance.

You can go pretty heavy with these.

They do the trick for me and I’m taller than you.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
You can go pretty heavy with these.

They do the trick for me and I’m taller than you.[/quote]

Hell yes this is exactly why I started this thread. I’ve never seen those before, thanks a lot.

I had success with db raises, then drop sets - all to failure.

You are trying to do too much, too quickly all at the same time.

You aren’t going to build bigger shoulders if you’re trying to lean out, and your lateral delts aren’t going to pop out like boulders from 2 weeks of adding in some lateral raises at the end of a workout.

If you train your shoulders normally and double the weight you can use for your overhead press and your lateral raise, plus you gain 20lbs of bodyweight, then youre shoulders will look significantly larger.