T Nation

Looking Into New Supplements

[quote]Drizzt wrote:
Are any pre-workout drinks/suppliments worth the money? There is no way I can do straight up caffeine, I’d end up falling asleep halfway through my workout. [/quote]

Make a blend of your own…

I like beta alanine, creatine mono, vinpocetine, BCAA, leucine,dextrose or waxy maize, and 300-400mg caffiene. I’ve also experimented with a bunch of other things like the vit C and arginine b.s. lol

the stuff I outlined above seems to work well for me.

DG

300-400 mg caffeine?

Damn.
Maybe I’m just a pussy but 100mg does plenty for me.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Drizzt wrote:

Are any pre-workout drinks/suppliments worth the money? There is no way I can do straight up cffeine, I’d end up falling asleep halfway through my workout.

Make a blend of your own…

I like beta alanine, creatine mono, vinpocetine, BCAA, leucine,dextrose or waxy maize, and 300-400mg caffiene. I’ve also experimented with a bunch of other things like the vit C and arginine b.s. lol

the stuff I outlined above seems to work well for me.

DG[/quote]

That is interesting, that seems like an expensive lot though. Physiologically I think I just can’t handle caffeine like some people. Some can take it and go for hours and as for me I get a crash 30 minutes later, and end up falling asleep with a dumb bell on my chest.

The lowest dosage I’ve taken was 100 mg and I still felt it. Very intersting though, I’ll look into those other things you mentioned, thanks.