Looking For Weight Gain

I’ve been working out for the last 6 years (i’m 24) and i consider myself to have a good build and am fairly strong. I def don’t consider myself a noob in the actual lifting weights compartment but when it comes to nutrition i do admit i am.

I’ve been eating a lot lately trying to bulk and i no i’m going at it the wrong way by eating the wrong foods (i do plan on doing some searchs on articles) so basically what i would like to know is what is a good mass builder/weight gainer i can buy from somewhere like gnc, walmart, costco… i would buy something off of here but i don’t have a credit card. Any suggestions?

I buy alot of steak from costco, seems to help me gain weight. Whole milk is a good inexpensive choice also.

As far as weight gain shakes and shit like that, they’re just protein powder with suger mixed in. Might as well buy protein powder and mix in suger or whatever yourself.

Happy eating!

[quote]unearth wrote:
I buy alot of steak from costco, seems to help me gain weight. Whole milk is a good inexpensive choice also.

As far as weight gain shakes and shit like that, they’re just protein powder with suger mixed in. Might as well buy protein powder and mix in suger or whatever yourself.

Happy eating![/quote]

So in reality i don’t really need to eat weight gain shakes, if i eat correct i’ll be good?

[quote]backstage wrote:
So in reality i don’t really need to eat weight gain shakes, if i eat correct i’ll be good?
[/quote]

That depends on how you define ‘correct’.

But no, you don’t need fancy weight gain shakes, just more calories, preferably from steak, fish, chicken, pork chops, milk, fresh veggies and fruit.

Good luck!

[quote]backstage wrote:
unearth wrote:

Happy eating!

[/quote]

That is precisely correct. Weight gain powders are just crappy sources of crappy proteins with crappy sugars thrown in (even though they don’t label them sugars—maltodextrin is an extremely fast absorbing polysaccharide–hello fat gain!).

They’re a ripoff and they are crappy nutritionwise. They are an absolute positive last resort only. Avoid them and if you’re going for mass, get whole milk. Also, quality whey protein will help you post workout and between solid meals. Get all the calories you can from real food (which tastes better anyway), and fill in the rest with whole milk/protein shakes. You can even add in honey if you really want more calories.

Peanut butter and nuts are also dense calorie foods that are relatively healthy. Fruits rock the house.

Great advice above

and yes if looking for easy protein and cals get something Like The Grow! whey or Metabolic Drive here and then add real food for the excess fats and carbs. Add it to whole milk, along with PB and J sandwhich. Nuts, fruit, oats oils, oats, etc etc.

Phill

Make your own monster shakes.

Milk
Protein powder
Egg whites or whole eggs
peanut butter
Half and half
honey
a banana or two.

That’s a staple in my diet. plus or minus a few things depending on the time of day.

I say check out Metabolic Drive Complete (you want the added carbs) and add things to it to make your own better “weight gainer”.