T Nation

Looking for Vacation Ideas

Had plans to go on a vacation with a friend of mine, the trip would have cost us about $800 each and lasted one week. I got a surprise bill that is going to make it so I can only lay out around $500, so Im looking for a good idea for a vacation that might last a week and be within a $500 budget. Gotta love student loans...

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
Had plans to go on a vacation with a friend of mine, the trip would have cost us about $800 each and lasted one week. I got a surprise bill that is going to make it so I can only lay out around $500, so Im looking for a good idea for a vacation that might last a week and be within a $500 budget. Gotta love student loans…[/quote]

Help us out here, like where do you currently reside…?

Jersey Shore

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
Had plans to go on a vacation with a friend of mine, the trip would have cost us about $800 each and lasted one week. I got a surprise bill that is going to make it so I can only lay out around $500, so Im looking for a good idea for a vacation that might last a week and be within a $500 budget. Gotta love student loans…[/quote]

Help us out here, like where do you currently reside…?
[/quote]

Ya, lol, I was going to type something similiar. OP is in New England iirc.

http://www.gilligansisle.com/

Camping is always cheap.

Go to your nearest large metropolitan (outside the one you live in of course if you do) and spend a weekend there.

If you do live in New England, $500 can buy you an okay weekend in NYC. I think I spent $10 -$15 for a bus ride from Boston to NY a few years back.

Next go onto airbnb.com and find a cheap room for the weekend.

Then it all comes down to your interests on what you do there.

The wife and I have been talking for years about doing a barely-planned road trip. Basically pick a direction and start driving, and every time you see a sign for something that looks interesting you take that turn. Good way to really see America outside the big cities.

Stop in Monkey Junction in NC and visit the worlds largest frying pan! YEEE HHAWWW

Backpacking in some remote areas is very cheap and awesome if you’re into that. Once you have the gear, of course.