T Nation

Looking for Recent Androgel Post

Someone, in a recent post, stated they were able to vary their test levels with the same amount of androgel (roughly 400-900) by experimenting with application techniques/timing.

I have searched for hours and cannot find the thread. I was hoping the author would elaborate.

Thanks.

[quote]LastIDnotworking wrote:
Someone, in a recent post, stated they were able to vary their test levels with the same amount of androgel (roughly 400-900) by experimenting with application techniques/timing.

I have searched for hours and cannot find the thread. I was hoping the author would elaborate.

Thanks.[/quote]

Let the gel sit on a plate for half an hour before applying, to let the alchohol evaporate. Then, try one drop on your balls, to make sure the alky has all evaporated (burns like a sumbitch if you put the gel straight from the pump). If its gone, put the gel on your balls SLOWLY. Believe me, you don’t want alchohol on your balls!

This is a serious technique for getting the most out of Androgel.

The forum thread you might be referring to was entitled:

“Anyone else doing their own HRT?”.

You can read my response to HappyDog there and this may be what you referring to.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Let the gel sit on a plate for half an hour before applying, to let the alchohol evaporate. Then, try one drop on your balls, to make sure the alky has all evaporated (burns like a sumbitch if you put the gel straight from the pump). If its gone, put the gel on your balls SLOWLY. Believe me, you don’t want alchohol on your balls!

This is a serious technique for getting the most out of Androgel.

[/quote]

isn’t the alcohol necessary for effective transdermal delivery though? or does it not matter because the scrotum is so thin? I’ve been putting some on my balls in the am and pm for a week now to try to get more out of my gel. It burns a little but doesn’t bother me at. Feel the burn!

I have an Androgel question I’m hoping someone can help me with.

First off, I’m not a serious bodybuilder, though in fairly decent shape. 37 y.o. who discovered I’ve been having some problems with Low T. Total = 86.

So, I started about 3 months ago with the 5 mg. packets. About 2 weeks into the treatment, I started getting stiff erections, morning wood and during the days sometimes. This lasted for a couple of weeks and has waned ever since.

Furthermore, I’ve noticed somewhat of a decrease in my muscle tone rather than the expected boost in it. Also, my testicles have shrunken some, which I understand is to be expected.

So what gives?? Why did my sexual functioning get better and then trail off and why the loss of muscle tone? I’m a bit perplexed by that.

Any experiences/ideas you have to give would be much appreciated.

Does this work?

[quote]Raw Power wrote:
NewOrleansGuy wrote:
I have an Androgel question I’m hoping someone can help me with.

First off, I’m not a serious bodybuilder, though in fairly decent shape. 37 y.o. who discovered I’ve been having some problems with Low T. Total = 86.

So, I started about 3 months ago with the 5 mg. packets. About 2 weeks into the treatment, I started getting stiff erections, morning wood and during the days sometimes. This lasted for a couple of weeks and has waned ever since.

Furthermore, I’ve noticed somewhat of a decrease in my muscle tone rather than the expected boost in it. Also, my testicles have shrunken some, which I understand is to be expected.

So what gives?? Why did my sexual functioning get better and then trail off and why the loss of muscle tone? I’m a bit perplexed by that.

Any experiences/ideas you have to give would be much appreciated.

What you have experienced is normal for those using the gel. When you first start using the gel you get the short-lived boost until everything evens out in your body.

Transdermals convert over to estrogen easily and that is usually what ruins all the good results. Your testicles have shrunk because once you introduce an outside source of T then LH function will stop in the body. The only way to recover this is by going on HCG injections. These will keep your testicles going, stop the reduction in size and pain caused by it and possibly help you with being able to impregnate your wife/girlfriend.

I’m writing up a lengthy paper on my experiments with Testim that helped me go from a total T of 135 to 1729 with just one tube (5 grams), using an AI and natural supplements without the aid of any anabolic steroids added to it. If you’d like to know more send me a PM with your email address so I can send it to you when I am done. I’m putting it on Microsoft Word because I have had to work on it in stages throughout this past week. I should have it done sometimes today (Sunday).

It’s possible to have great success with the gels if that is your only resource as it was mine. I can tell you what worked for me. It’s completely turned my life around for the better.[/quote]

If you can get an AI (I’m assuming Nolva or Clo), why bother with the Androgel? I’ll assume its because your insurance picks it up.

What’s your AI?

I don’t use Androgel. I use Testim. My doctor wouldn’t even discuss the issue of estradiol testing. I did my own blood tests and found that E2 was the culprit after having some initial success with Testim. I’m currently using exemestane (Aromasin) in liquid form. I pay for this out of pocket. My insurance pays for the Testim.

I needed the Testim because my total T level before TRT was 135 along with other problems.

Thanks for the info., guys. It is much appreciated.

And pardon my ignorance, but what’s the difference between Androgel and Testim?

Also, I didn’t even know what an “AI” was until I looked it up. DOH! This stuff is much more complicated than I figured.

[quote]NewOrleansGuy wrote:
Thanks for the info., guys. It is much appreciated.

And pardon my ignorance, but what’s the difference between Androgel and Testim?

Also, I didn’t even know what an “AI” was until I looked it up. DOH! This stuff is much more complicated than I figured.

[/quote]

They’re about the same, though Testim raises free T a little more in the beginning. Later on, Androgel is slightly the superior.

Testim comes in tubes. You’ll need needlenose pliars to get it all out. Its also much more sticky than Androgel.

I’m getting a blood draw tomorrow and have been putting the gel on my balls. Will report my levels when I get them.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

I’m getting a blood draw tomorrow and have been putting the gel on my balls. Will report my levels when I get them.

[/quote]

what were your levels using the normal application method? let us know the new results as soon as you receive them. thanks

[quote]john316 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I’m getting a blood draw tomorrow and have been putting the gel on my balls. Will report my levels when I get them.

what were your levels using the normal application method? let us know the new results as soon as you receive them. thanks
[/quote]

The highest I ever got on Androgel was 330 ng/dl, with 240 to 950 being the normal range. On Test Cyp injections, I got to 440, at which point the doc I was using said the level was too high. Another poster, KSman, recommends EOD injects with an insulin needle, which I haven’t tried (yet).

If the ‘gel on the jewels’ technique doesn’t work, I may go back to injects. The school nurse where I teach will inject me, as its more fun to have a very hot lady ask you to drop your pants. :wink: