T Nation

Looking for Powerlifting Competition

Hey everyone,

I just started back to a powerlifting routine about 3 weeks ago and I am looking for some competitions in the Twin Cities area to help motivate me. I figure since I am almost 30 years-old I need to do something to challenge myself and take my body back.

Currently I am 280 lbs 30% Body Fat (gross, huh?)
Max Squat: 250# (recovering from a broken leg in the last 13 months)
Max Bench: 265#
Max Deadlift: 320#

Okay, so I have my work cut out for me. I guess my biggest competition is myself. If I can bust a grand and drop to 15% bF in the next 4 months I will seriously consider competing at an amateur level.

BTW, I am using a modified Westside training method.

LIFTICVS

I’d like to know how to find out where or how to find competitions too.

I’m getting back into a strength routine and plan on also losing some more fat.

I’m thinking of being ready to compete within about 4 months or so, but I’m looking for something in upstate NY (or anywhere in NY state if I can’t find something local).

I think long ago I found some competitions on powerlifing .com, but they were few and far between.

i’m a fan of usapl, although everytime i go to do a competition, i end up getting hurt. go figure.

Check out powwerlifitng magazines or search for websites, many have info on upcoming meets.

You can also PM me, I can give you some websites to look at.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Hey everyone,

I just started back to a powerlifting routine about 3 weeks ago and I am looking for some competitions in the Twin Cities area to help motivate me. I figure since I am almost 30 years-old I need to do something to challenge myself and take my body back.

Currently I am 280 lbs 30% Body Fat (gross, huh?)
Max Squat: 250# (recovering from a broken leg in the last 13 months)
Max Bench: 265#
Max Deadlift: 320#

Okay, so I have my work cut out for me. I guess my biggest competition is myself. If I can bust a grand and drop to 15% bF in the next 4 months I will seriously consider competing at an amateur level.

BTW, I am using a modified Westside training method.

LIFTICVS[/quote]

Try USA Powerlifting. They have a link for USAPL Minnesota. Keep after it and good luck!!

http://66.235.41.207/powerliftingmeets/ui/MeetList.aspx

this is the best and most convenient index i’ve seen.