T Nation

Looking for Plates

Where is the cheapest place to buy 45 pound olympic plates online. I’ve been searching craigslist and ebay for 6 months and have been scammed 3 times.

Other than the places you’ve tried, why not buy them legit? Aren’t they $1.00/lbs?

shit if you cant find plates for less than 1$ per lb you need to look harder. I’m sure if you go to the fitness stores around your area you will be able to find a Full set + bar for around 300$

rubber coated are on for less than 1$/lb at muscledriverusa.com right now.

-chris

yeah, they are much cheaper if you just buy them in bulk, like everything else sold.

This site is great, shipping wont be to insane because you live in Pennsylvania.

www.newyorkbarbells.com

EDIT: Nevermind, its 56$ per plate :confused:

Not sure why you’re having trouble on CL, maybe it’s just your area. My girl got 17 45lb York plates for $20/each last year there.

I got mine from Texas Strength…

http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/Olympicplates.html

[quote]Avocado wrote:
shit if you cant find plates for less than 1$ per lb you need to look harder. I’m sure if you go to the fitness stores around your area you will be able to find a Full set + bar for around 300$

rubber coated are on for less than 1$/lb at muscledriverusa.com right now.

-chris[/quote]

I’ve been looking for plates also (for my prowler) and this is the best price I’ve seen … BUUUUT the shipping is horrendous … it double the price lol

walmart.com has them reasonable - $38.97 for 45lb plates - and you can get them shipped to the store for free.

I dont know if anyone is still looking for plates, but I just picked up 6 mismatched plates from “play-it-again Sports” (not sure if its regional, but any used sporting good place should be similar) and with a little negotiating, it was .59 a pound, and since we picked them up, there was obviously no shipping.

~270 lbs for 160.00