Looking for Nutrition/Training Advice

Hi,

First, some background. I’m a 33 (almost 34) guy. I’ve been fairly active most of my life doing various sports such as martial arts, rock climbing, scuba diving, etc. and going to the gym but never something which would be considered consistent. I have a KB at home which I use fairly regularly just to stay in shape.

In the past few months, due to finally taking care of some health issues, I lost about 4 kg of fat and put on about 3 kg of muscle. This was mostly due to getting my hormones balanced out. In the past few weeks I decided that I would use this kickstart to get myself in shape the way I would like.
I am not looking to be super-lean but I would like to be lean - around 10% I think would be cool. Right now, I’m at 14% more or less.

Strength wise, I pick that up fairly easily Putting on size also isn’t much of a problem for me.
I know my weak-points and instead of fighting against them I intend to work around them. Here is my major weak point when it comes to nutrition - I either need variety, something which will let me change the type of diet weekly. Or I need something super structured but that doesn’t take up too much of my time and that once in a while let’s me “cheat” (for example for an upcoming wedding, etc).

For the past 2 weeks I’ve tried IF (21 hours fasting and 3 hours eating) and that I was able to do without a problem. My weak point when it comes to training - I am very bad at cardio. Probably has to do with the heat where I live (right now we’re at 42 C) even though, to be honest: even before that I hated it. My body is built for moving heavy stuff.
Any and all suggestions are welcome on what I should do/ keep/ change/ etc.

You are lean and easily become strong. Your greatest weakness is needing either a structured diet or a varied one. Sounds like you’re good to go… Let us know when you’re benching over 170% and deadlifting over 250%…

Flexible dieting/ IIFYM.

[quote]DoBear wrote:
For the past 2 weeks I’ve tried IF (21 hours fasting and 3 hours eating) and that I was able to do without a problem. My weak point when it comes to training - I am very bad at cardio. Probably has to do with the heat where I live (right now we’re at 42 C) even though, to be honest: even before that I hated it. My body is built for moving heavy stuff.
Any and all suggestions are welcome on what I should do/ keep/ change/ etc.
[/quote]

1. Keep doing IF.
  2. Don’t do cardio.

Doesn’t look like you have too many problems actually

About the IF - any specific guidelines I should follow?

[quote]DoBear wrote:
About the IF - any specific guidelines I should follow?[/quote]

Only one: take whatever diet you are on with allotted macros and cram it all into an 8-hour or smaller feeding window. That’s IF.

[quote]DoBear wrote:
I have a KB at home which I use fairly regularly just to stay in shape.[/quote]
What kind of stuff are you doing with a kettlebell that keeps you in shape? A bunch of swings or a circuit of exercises? That’s cardio. Just sayin’.

[quote]Right now, I’m at 14% more or less.

My body is built for moving heavy stuff.[/quote]
Height and weight? “Built for moving heavy stuff” could describe a guy 5’5", 220 or 6’6", 320.

What-huh? You gain strength easily, so that means you gain size easily? I’m confused.

This would be less about a specific meal plan and more about time management and weekly meal prep. 2 or 3 hours, maybe 4 tops, once a week can get a lot done.

Pretty sure that would be called “living a generally fit life and realizing that nothing terrible will happen if ‘cheat meals’ happen a legitimate once in a while.” You don’t need a particular nutrition plan to account for that, you just need to be consistent and dedicated to any training and nutrition plan. But if IF is working for you, go for it. The idea of only eating for a 3 hour window each day sounds halfway-insane to me, but hey, if it works, it works.

Feel like laying out your current training plan? The days, exercises, sets and reps.