Looking for New Ways to Inspire Myself to Workout

Any thoughts from you guys? I have almost 9 hours a day to work and I can’t balance daily time

People fall to the level of their habits

If you don’t currently have the inspiration to get in 60+ min of training, that’s okay.

Build a training habit, that is based around completing an achievable session length and intensity, with 100% consistency, and then increase the time/difficulty of the session.

In other words, “get to yes”. Make your program so short, simple and accessible that it’s almost impossible not to complete with ~100% consistency. Only then should you worry about having the inspiration for harder sessions.

A perfect example of a workout plan could be:

Day 1: 15 min as many sets as possible

• Gym option: 8 bench press and 10 cable rows
  • At home option: 8 push ups and 10 band pull-aparts

Day 2: 15 min as many sets as possible

• Gym option: 6 front squat and 12 hamstring curls
  • Home option: 6 SL squat to chair and 10 slider hamstring curls

Day 3: 15 min as many sets as possible

• Gym option: 5 pull-ups and 10 DB shoulder press
  • Home option: 5 pull-ups and 5 handstand walks up wall

Day 4: 15 min as many sets as possible

• Gym option: 6 RDL and 15 leg extensions
  • Home option: 3 nordics and 8 reverse nordics

Repeat every day for 2-3 months

If you can’t do 15 minutes with 100% consistency, do 12. If you cant do 12, do 10.

Once you’re consistent, and only then, can you start to add things to the routine

2 Likes

Hi, 9.5 hour work days here with 2 hours commute daily and full time school while taking care of a young family.

If you want to do it, you’ll find a way.

Finding a training modality you enjoy goes a long way too though.

2 Likes

lay out your daily schedule to the minute.

No sympathy here at all. Find an hour between morning and night you can train and just train. If you ‘can’t find time’ you probably don’t really want to workout in the first place.

I’ve worked 50 hour plus weeks while completing my masters degree and getting 4 workouts a week in. If you want something you will make time. I get up early to workout, why not do that?

2 Likes

Find some girls, then take your shirt off in front of them.

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I wouldn’t do stuff that i need motivation or inspiration for. Life is too short to waste it on stuff you dont want to do.

4 Likes

I want to do “X”
Why can’t I get motivated to do “X”?

Does that make any sense at all?