Looking for New Program

OK, so i have been lifting the same routine for a while now(2 years?) I basically lift about six days per week. Im here to have somebody lead me in the direction to make a more outlined, organezed program (not spoon feed me)

My program is the basic “one muscle group per day.” monday chest,tuesday back,wendsday legs,thurs shoulders, frid arms, rest saturday, and repeat starting sunday. I lift each day till the muscle is completly shot. I love being in the gym, and usually kill that one muscle for about 1.5-2.5 hrs per day. I never count sets or keep track of excersices (i try to do mayb 7 excerises per muscle, but not really sure, i never kept track).

I stay below 8 reps with every exercise. If i can do more than 8 reps, than i stop and up the weight. sometimes i do 2 or even 5 sets for a exercise. As for gains, yes i make gains doing this, i always go heavy, weather cutting or bulking. what i do is adjust my diet. lifting always stays the same. i am making gains, but i believe i can make even more with a routine plan.

like i said before i love lifting, and being in the gym, so i certainly do not want some 3 day split, 45 mins per day…no way ha. if anybody else can relate, that would be great, i just feel a more organized routine would help.

[quote]jackedup45 wrote:
OK, so i have been lifting the same routine for a while now(2 years?) I basically lift about six days per week. Im here to have somebody lead me in the direction to make a more outlined, organezed program (not spoon feed me) My program is the basic “one muscle group per day.” monday chest,tuesday back,wendsday legs,thurs shoulders, frid arms, rest saturday, and repeat starting sunday. I lift each day till the muscle is completly shot. I love being in the gym, and usually kill that one muscle for about 1.5-2.5 hrs per day. I never count sets or keep track of excersices (i try to do mayb 7 excerises per muscle, but not really sure, i never kept track).I stay below 8 reps with every exercise. If i can do more than 8 reps, than i stop and up the weight. sometimes i do 2 or even 5 sets for a exercise. As for gains, yes i make gains doing this, i always go heavy, weather cutting or bulking. what i do is adjust my diet. lifting always stays the same. i am making gains, but i believe i can make even more with a routine plan. like i said before i love lifting, and being in the gym, so i certainly do not want some 3 day split, 45 mins per day…no way ha. if anybody else can relate, that would be great, i just feel a more organized routine would help. [/quote]

you do a lot

what kind of improvements have you made, mass/bf% increasing weights moved on big lifts?

you would do better on a more organized split if your goal is to get bigger (mostly working out a lot less on like a 4 day split haha)

here are a whit ton of routines.

I’d like to offer up a suggestion, although to be honest, I’m not exactly sure what you are looking for. You said you want an organized routine, but not spoon fed. Are you looking for some ideas for building planned progression into your current framework?

If so, you might just try to increase the density of work you are doing over time. Keep your total time spent working on each bodypart constant, but start to gradually add sets or reps with each session. You can do this by shortening rest periods or extending your sets.

This way, you can maintain the elements that are already working while adding in something to stimulate progression.

And escalating the density should definitely do that for you, especially if you pair it with sufficient energy intake.

Just an idea, hope it helps. Good luck.

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:
I’d like to offer up a suggestion, although to be honest, I’m not exactly sure what you are looking for. You said you want an organized routine, but not spoon fed. Are you looking for some ideas for building planned progression into your current framework?

If so, you might just try to increase the density of work you are doing over time. Keep your total time spent working on each bodypart constant, but start to gradually add sets or reps with each session. You can do this by shortening rest periods or extending your sets.

This way, you can maintain the elements that are already working while adding in something to stimulate progression.

And escalating the density should definitely do that for you, especially if you pair it with sufficient energy intake.

Just an idea, hope it helps. Good luck.[/quote]
Thanks! i have came up with a good 4 day split, and like you said, i have already added more excersises to it, but still keeping it the same each week, if that is the (density) you are refering to