Looking for New Exercises

Ok, i’ve been working out for about yr half. I’ve lost alot of weight and toned up a little. Gone from a tight 12 to a loose 8. well my question now is. I have lost the wieght but now I want to get tone. with a slight four pack. I don’t want to be rock hard, just get rid of my stomach. I take a hot rock in the morning then have mini wheats then a yogert or piece of fruit before noon.

Then I go to gym. then I come home, and I cook dinner. most of time with lean beef or chicken. I don’t hardly ever eat out. I take multi vitimans and fish oil with my dinner. I just seem to be at this point where i’m stuck. I wake up at 4 am for work everyday. so I never stay up late. I want to start taking protien but what kind should I take. anyone have a new exersice I can do or should do.

1st day: dumbell swings and planks and little treadmill
2nd day: squat press with cario and some other move but I don’t know what it’s called.
3rd: just cardio with some light abs
4th: rear squats, deadlift, push ups, face pulls, pull ups

then I’m off for two days. Some times I get bored and switch it up, but that’s about it. any suggestions, on how to get toned up.

[quote] I want to start taking protien but what kind should I take. anyone have a new exersice I can do or should do.

1st day: dumbell swings and planks and little treadmill
2nd day: squat press with cario and some other move but I don’t know what it’s called.

then I’m off for two days. Some times I get bored and switch it up, but that’s about it. any suggestions, on how to get toned up.[/quote]

Well, as far as a protein powder goes and your goal of weight loss, some Low-carb Metabolic Drive
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=525024
would be a good place to start.

As far as new exercises to do, well, you are already at the best place to do some research. Just browse through the T-Nation article libraries and find something that peaks your interest.

As a rule through, it’s a good idea to have as part of your program

A vertical push (Push press, etc)
A vertical pull (Pull-up, pull-down, etc)
A horizontal push (Bench press, etc)
A horizontal pull (Rows, etc)
A leg push (quad) (Squats, etc)
A leg/hip pull (hamstring/glute) (Deadlift, good morning etc)
An arm push (pushdown, extensions, etc)
An arm pull (Curls, etc)

And of course, whatever accessory movements you want to emphasize (abs, calfs, forearms, etc)

Then, make things interesting by finding variations of the different movements, and switch them up every few weeks.

Ultimately though, toning a physique and dropping that body fat % down is probably at LEAST 80% nutrition. So really try and concentrate on the basics like eating every 2-3 hours, having a healthy balance of protein/healthy fats/low glycemic carbs (fruits and veggies) with every meal and having good post-work out nutrition that combines a protein source with carbs and amino acids.

Like Syncharmony said, Metabolic Drive would be a great choice for protein powder. Try to have one or two shakes throughout the day, with one or two scoops in each shake.

[quote]1st day: dumbell swings and planks and little treadmill
[/quote]

Congrats on the weight loss, but with that program, I wouldn’t be surprised if you lost muscle. There’s not alot of resistance training, so there was no signal telling your body to maintain the muscle.

Chad Waterbury’s Total Body Training would be a good choice to begin with.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508031

Exrx.net is a good resource for technique on how to do certain exercises.
ExRx.net : Exercise Directory

If you want to get “toned up”, that generally means you want to be able to see the muscles. For that, you have to have muscles in the first place. Make sure you’re eating enough total calories and especially enough protein everyday (this is where the Metabolic Drive will come into play.)

Post your exact diet, because from what you mentioned you are eating about 1000 calories/day. Your body probably thinks you are starving.

Also, do your day 4 workout 3 days a week. slowly increase your protein intake (shoot for 20g each meal, 6-8 times a day).

Your diet is going to cause a lot of change for you. Learn to use it to your advantage.

Ignore the scale and look up the 7 healthy habits by Dr. John Berardi.