T Nation

Looking for My Son's Posts

I’m very, very sorry for your loss and hope reading the posts brings you some joy.

Oh, man. So sorry for your loss, Adam’s Dad.

I’m a dad too, and it’s unimaginable to lose my boy.

Stay strong. Adam will always be within you.

I remember your son’s user name and avatar and remember thinking “that’s a cool name and avatar!”.

I am really sorry for your loss :frowning:

Thank you all for the kind words, and especially finding the video. I never skip legs because of him, but I call deadlifts, lifelifts.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Damn, very sorry for your loss.

This brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. As a father also I can only imagine your pain.[/quote]

Ditto

I just joined this place a few weeks ago so I did not know him. I don’t have any kids, but I can only imagine the complete and utter loss and pain that you must be feeling. I am very sorry and hope that your heart will be healed soon. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

[quote]Adams Dad wrote:
Thank you all for the kind words, and especially finding the video. I never skip legs because of him, but I call deadlifts, lifelifts.[/quote]

Truly inspirational

Jump’ N Jack, from Adams family and friends, thank you so much. Don’t forget leg day!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/826117940787872/

So so sorry to hear.

S

Well Sir, seems he not only died, which we all inevitably will, but he lived, which is not nearly as common.

Nonetheless, my condolences.

True that, Adam lived large and well. Some times the brightest light burns out the quickest.

[quote]Adams Dad wrote:
True that, Adam lived large and well. Some times the brightest light burns out the quickest.[/quote]

So, who was he?

Yeah, he lifted weights, cool beans, but what else did he like, what was he about apart from that?

This is a pretty interesting way of remembering your son.

Maybe this will become a thing of the future. Grieving family members will re-live the memories of their dead loved ones by digging up their internet posting history.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Maybe this will become a thing of the future. Grieving family members will re-live the memories of their dead loved ones by digging up their internet posting history.[/quote]

When my father had died I called his number every now and then , because until they deactivated it, I could hear his voice on his mailbox.

With todays technology part of you lingers after you are gone.

Would love to learn more about him. I’m sorry for your loss AD

My condolences. I can’t imagine what you must be going through. I hope you are able to learn a bit more about your son’s life and maybe stick around. Some great people here. Good luck.

Jesus, I’m tearing up.

Father of 3 boys here. Second Orion’s request to tell us more about him.

I send my son videos of my deadlifts and used to want to abbreviate and call them deads, but always felt superstitious. God bless you and your son.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Maybe this will become a thing of the future. Grieving family members will re-live the memories of their dead loved ones by digging up their internet posting history.[/quote]

When my father had died I called his number every now and then , because until they deactivated it, I could hear his voice on his mailbox.

With todays technology part of you lingers after you are gone.[/quote]

Same here, we tried very hard to see if my dad’s carrier could pull the audio of his voicemail. I will still visit his Facebook page from time to time. It’s nice to see the things people write when he pops into their mind.

1 Like

Sad to hear. His last post was about the value of self-sacrifice. Stand up way to sign off.

Adam was 31 years old when he lost his battle with brain cancer. He lived in Pompano Beach Florida and was a realestate broker. He grew up in Michigan and played competative hockey from the age of 4 until 18. He was an avid body builder from high school on. He was truly my best friend, and a father could not have asked for a better son.

We shared many of the same interests, from fishing, to cars, to guns, and food. His battle started in August of 2012 with sudden weakness in his lower legs, and it was found he had a tumor in his spine. He had surgery for a biopsy and to give more room for the cord.

After 6 weeks of radiation, he was back to himself untill the folowing August when it was found he had a tumor in the brain. He had surgery and radaition, and was married the day after his treatment was done on November 16th 2013. By thanksgiving he could no longer walk.

He would drop what he was doing to help anyone. Many people told me that he would help them and they never knew he was a para-pelegic. He fought a long battle until August 7th when he passed away from his brain tumor. He was a smart, giving and wonderful man, and I am still so proud of him

1 Like