Looking for More 'Good Carbs'

Hey guys, I have been eating pretty damn clean for the last number of months now, but in terms of carbs I was wondering how good the ones I have been eating really are and what other possible ones I could be eating.

Most of my carbs come from these sources:
oatmeal
whole wheat bread (sunflower flax and flax)
yams
hemp hearts and hemp seeds
walnuts

I try to keep carbs fairly low and cycle how much I eat day to day. Oh and I don’t ever eat rice. I was just wondering what other good carbs are out there that you guys eat? Thanks.

Some (including) myself react poorly to grains and gluten which would be in your oatmeal and breads. So, I cut those out for the most part and have noticed positive results. I look better, less lethargy. So it’s all about experimenting for yourself.

For more carbs try some, beans, obviously fruits and veggies.

Why no rice?

You listed walnuts, those would qualify as a healthy fat source, not a carb source.

Yeah last time i checked walnuts had zero crabs… only fiber n fats… regardless its a good food to eat!

Skip the wheat, even whole. Always skip the wheat. Some “safer carbs”:

-potatoes and other tubers (sweet potatoes, yams…)

-rice

-corn is okay if no allergies

-millet, buckwheat should be okay

-milk is okay for many if not most. Many times lactose intolerance seems to be actually just gluten damage to the intestines, so getting rid of grains might help.

-If you insist on grains, get the type of oatmeal that’s guaranteed gluten free and soak it overnight to “predigest” it and get rid of antinutrients:
http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2008/03/soaking-grains-part-two.html

• Quinoa should be soaked as well.

Cool thanks for the feedback. Lol no idea why I included walnuts…clearly lost my train of thought there :s I just dont eat rice cause I have never really enjoyed it. I have been eating grains my whole life and don’t see myself ever stopping and they don’t disagree with me.

I personally think gluten free carbs like chick peas, black beans, yams, quinoa are the best carb sources.

Unless the whole wheat bread costs more than 6 bucks a loaf it’s probably pretty bad.

[quote]MMAniac wrote:
Hey guys, I have been eating pretty damn clean for the last number of months now, but in terms of carbs I was wondering how good the ones I have been eating really are and what other possible ones I could be eating.

Most of my carbs come from these sources:
oatmeal
whole wheat bread (sunflower flax and flax)
yams
hemp hearts and hemp seeds
walnuts

I try to keep carbs fairly low and cycle how much I eat day to day. Oh and I don’t ever eat rice. I was just wondering what other good carbs are out there that you guys eat? Thanks.[/quote]

Almonds with regards to nuts.

I generally skip grains altogether.

But also frozen mixed non starchy vegetables for convieniences sake =]