T Nation

Looking for High-end Personal Trainers in San Jose?

Hey fellas.

I am in search of a well-versed trainer to help with a few problems I am having, but have NO CLUE where to start looking. I am in Northern San Jose, and I am still new to the area.

I am not talking about “I want someone to watch me and tell me I am doing great”. I have a degree in Science/Kinesiology and I am looking for a highly qualified individual to help me step up my physique and balance thing out.

PLEASElet me know if you have any ideas.

why dont you find someone larger and stronger than you, and workout with them.

Workout partners dont need to be paid, and certainly will bust your balls if your doing something wrong.

i’m a trainer, nowhere near you tho

ive been in the lifting area for all my life,

ive been wrestling since 5,father and uncles were powerlifters,brother is a bodybuilder

if you have a couple questions i can probably help you out, what do you need brother?

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. However, it’s not because of the size issue that I want a good trainer. I am just very out of balance right now and need an expert to actually watch a few of my lifts and do some functional testing on me.

For insatnce, I have a problem with my left knee dipping inwards a bit when coming out of the hole on squats. I also have a lot of shoulder problems that haven’t seen much improvement doing conventional re/prehab. I am a hardgainer, but know what I need to do to put on muscle, it is the opinions on my imbalances and what to do about them that I need help with.

Hardgainer ??

This must be one word that absolutely astounds me !

The answer to being a hardgainer, is TO EAT MORE.

You don’t need a PT for any of those problems.

If you have structural imbalances I highly recommended hiring a high level CHEK practitioner.

Check and see if there are any in your area:

https://chekconnect.com/

[quote]Benjuito wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. However, it’s not because of the size issue that I want a good trainer. I am just very out of balance right now and need an expert to actually watch a few of my lifts and do some functional testing on me.

For insatnce, I have a problem with my left knee dipping inwards a bit when coming out of the hole on squats. I also have a lot of shoulder problems that haven’t seen much improvement doing conventional re/prehab. I am a hardgainer, but know what I need to do to put on muscle, it is the opinions on my imbalances and what to do about them that I need help with.[/quote]

Hard to diagnose over the net, but I’d suggest doing some X-Walks with a resistance band, google might be of help. I can explain if need be.

Usually when the knee caves in while squatting it’s because the glute medius is not firing properly.

Ask Eric Cressey some questions in his “locker room” and read up on his articles here and check out some of his products- his knowledge on shoulder problems is pretty encyclopedic.

For personal trainers look up some Poliquin certified ones.

go to Curves.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
go to Curves. [/quote]

WOW and a LOL…