T Nation

Looking For Help and Advice

I am low 40 age bracket, and very fit aerobically, running just over 5 miles on a trail rated extremely difficult 5 times a week in 51 minutes. I am not so much into lifting. I am wanting to lose 25 to 30 lbs. I will be going to China for business, and was wondering about quality of anything bought there supp wise, and what would be good. I have been reading this forum, and others, and at this point I am overwhelmed on info to the point of not understanding possible routes to take. Thanks for any help and info, guy’s!

[quote]E55 wrote:
I am low 40 age bracket, and very fit aerobically, running just over 5 miles on a trail rated extremely difficult 5 times a week in 51 minutes. I am not so much into lifting. I am wanting to lose 25 to 30 lbs. I will be going to China for business, and was wondering about quality of anything bought there supp wise, and what would be good. I have been reading this forum, and others, and at this point I am overwhelmed on info to the point of not understanding possible routes to take. Thanks for any help and info, guy’s![/quote]

What is your current height/weight?

6’3, and 231 lbs

start lifting…get on one of the fat loss programs found on this site, and keep reading…

You’re going to want to make sure your nutrition is in order as well. Make sure that you’re eating 5-6 smaller, evenly spaced meals throughout the day, consisting of lean protein sources (chicken, beef, turkey, etc.), loads of fresh vegetables and fruits, and some healthy fats (olive oil, nuts, etc.) And get rid of anything you’re taking in that you already know isn’t healthy.

Second, I’d swap at least two of your 5 mile runs for High Intensity Interval Training sessions (30 second all out sprint, 1 minute jog, repeat for 15-20 minutes).

Third, if you’re focused on a fat loss supplement, HOT-ROX Extreme, which can be found under the store tab here. Just be sure to assess your tolerance for it at the outset.

Best of luck

you shouldn’t be running at all. Way too much weight to be pounding on those joints. Get on the bike.

It’s a good point about the pounding on the joints. But not a problem according to my orthopedic. The hard part for me will be to get on the 5-6 meal a day regimen. I guess my question is more along the lines of any supps that will help with the overall weight loss, while keeping muscle, or possibly enhancing them.

What can somebody tell me about HOT-ROX Extreme? Does it work as advertised? Downsides?

What did your orthopod say exactly? just curious…i’d search the forum for info on HOT-ROX, i can’t say b/c i haven’t used it.

[quote]E55 wrote:
What can somebody tell me about HOT-ROX Extreme? Does it work as advertised? Downsides? [/quote]

Yup good stuff along with a solid foundation of training and diet FIRST. Down side I have none.

Phill

Ortho said that knee’s at this point are ok, and to expect some pain at this age. I am waiting on surgery for torn MCL and PCL–which has led to the 22 pound gain since injury.

I am trying to read these pages, and anything I can get mt hands on, but am now at the point of having to ask questions. Is there any type of steroid that will help put on some muscle and reduce fat. I have read so many articles here about what works, and how to cycle, and what to counter a cycle with…

Not knowing anyone in my area personally with experience, I will ask here. What about China? Is stuff bought there safe? It is the land of knock-off. Anyone have any experience or knowledge about supps bought there? Is there the “new” balco out there?

[quote]E55 wrote:
Ortho said that knee’s at this point are ok, and to expect some pain at this age. I am waiting on surgery for torn MCL and PCL–which has led to the 22 pound gain since injury.

I am trying to read these pages, and anything I can get mt hands on, but am now at the point of having to ask questions. Is there any type of steroid that will help put on some muscle and reduce fat. I have read so many articles here about what works, and how to cycle, and what to counter a cycle with…

Not knowing anyone in my area personally with experience, I will ask here. What about China? Is stuff bought there safe? It is the land of knock-off. Anyone have any experience or knowledge about supps bought there? Is there the “new” balco out there?[/quote]

You say you’re not into lifting in your original post. Try lifting before you try steroids, it seems a more logical progression than the reverse.

-Cloth