Looking for Forearm Program

I’ve looked at several articles on forearm training on here, but all of them seem to involve pieces of equipment that my gym doesn’t have. Does anybody know of a good program that just uses basic equipment like dumbells, barbells and a cable machine?

All of the programs involve simple basic equipment. Not sure what articles you read.

Heavy barbell hold/shrug/dead and hang from the chin bar. Never use straps

Sap-

when you do your chin up hangs, are you hanging with straight arms or bent arms?

I’d first of all try out just doing some forearm curls and reverse curls etc after back or deadlift day. Also try adding/substituting zottman curls into your biceps training

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
All of the programs involve simple basic equipment. Not sure what articles you read.[/quote]

All of the ones that I’ve seen have required either a wrist roller or adjustable dumbells, neither of which are available at my gym. If you know of one that doesn’t require anything like this, then please link me.

[quote]husker29 wrote:
Sap-

when you do your chin up hangs, are you hanging with straight arms or bent arms?[/quote]

IMO you should hang with straight arms, but “pull” you shoulders into their sockets to provide greater stability (it will be helpful when doing pullups) and save you joints.

When you do chinups, hold it from the top of the bar instead of underneath, as if you are doing a muscle-up.

Otherwise, the rest of my size has just come from deadlifting and handstanding.

So… anybody?

[quote]FLABREZU wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
All of the programs involve simple basic equipment. Not sure what articles you read.

All of the ones that I’ve seen have required either a wrist roller or adjustable dumbells, neither of which are available at my gym. If you know of one that doesn’t require anything like this, then please link me.[/quote]

Simply replace the “Adjustable” part out and use a dumbbell. The only thing I do for forearms is: wrist curls with either a barbell, dumbell, or a wristroller(from Wal-Mart $15) or make one from a pipe and rope.
reverse curls with the same equipment as above. And hammer curls along with a hammer variation using an adjustable DB placing weight at only one end and curling it as if I were holding a hammer. All these require simple equipment you probably already have.