Looking for Cycle Advice

I am a 48 year old male. Want to try a cycle…nothing heavy. But i want something that will not mess up my prostate so i guess it needs to be one that does not aromatize? any suggestions or advice. Or am i out of luck? Thanks.

[quote]madmax wrote:
I am a 48 year old male. Want to try a cycle…nothing heavy. But i want something that will not mess up my prostate so i guess it needs to be one that does not automatize? any suggestions or advice. Or am i out of luck? Thanks. [/quote]

At your age, you may be looking for TRT/HRT. Then a doc can prescribe and do all of the blood work. If he is doing things right, you will get a DRE and PSA blood work. That is to rule out prostate cancer. Some signs of BPH is probably there by now, but that is not a problem.

T automatizing to E can threaten the prostate with higher E levels. E is though to be a significant risk factor. You might have elevated E levels now, or at least above preferred levels.

Most TRT is test cyp or test ethanate, and these do automatize. Not so much of a problem for TRT doses, but for high amounts of T, that is a concern that may require anti-E or SERM drugs.

At your age, you may be looking for TRT/HRT. Then a doc can prescribe and do all of the blood work. If he is doing things right, you will get a DRE and PSA blood work. That is to rule out prostate cancer. Some signs of BPH is probably there by now, but that is not a problem.

T automatizing to E can threaten the prostate with higher E levels. E is though to be a significant risk factor. You might have elevated E levels now, or at least above preferred levels.

Most TRT is test cyp or test ethanate, and these do automatize. Not so much of a problem for TRT doses, but for high amounts of T, that is a concern that may require anti-E or SERM drugs.

[/quote]

What is HRT and DRE? Also i have experienced bph problems in the past and have had antibiotics prescibed that clears up the infection. Would something like ergopharms 6-OXO supress some of the estrogen?

So are you saying that it isn’t the steroid causing the problem it is the estrogen it creates? So i should take an anti estrogen with it even if i use something mild like d-bol or anavar and keep the cycle short…say 4-6 weeks? Thanks

[quote]madmax wrote:
I am a 48 year old male. Want to try a cycle…nothing heavy. But i want something that will not mess up my prostate so i guess it needs to be one that does not aromatize? any suggestions or advice. Or am i out of luck? Thanks. [/quote]

Do you lift weights? Are you looking for physique to physical strength improvement or merely libido changes?

Questions like these will color the type of response you get. HRT Hormone Replacement Therapy is often given with Test at a dosage of around 200mg EW or EOW. That is about what a teenage boy has naturally

i am mainly looking for the bodybuilder type results more than the power. yes i do lift now and do some cardio too. i am looking for size but also need to lose some body fat. have no problems right now with libido but i just don’t have the stamina or energy i used to have.

[quote]madmax wrote:
I am a 48 year old male. Want to try a cycle…nothing heavy. But i want something that will not mess up my prostate so i guess it needs to be one that does not aromatize? any suggestions or advice. Or am i out of luck? Thanks. [/quote]

Interesting first post.

How long have you been training?

[quote]madmax wrote:

What is HRT and DRE? Also i have experienced bph problems in the past and have had antibiotics prescibed that clears up the infection. Would something like ergopharms 6-OXO supress some of the estrogen?

So are you saying that it isn’t the steroid causing the problem it is the estrogen it creates? So i should take an anti estrogen with it even if i use something mild like d-bol or anavar and keep the cycle short…say 4-6 weeks? Thanks

[/quote]

DRE is a digital rectal exam to palpate the prostate for size and abnormalities. A PSA test is also a good idea at your age, if only to establish a baseline. HRT is hormone replacement therapy. TRT is testosterone replacement therapy. BPH is not an infection, it is enlargement that first manifests itself as reduced urine flow.

With TRT, which is for the rest of your life, one typically needs anti-E. At your age, on TRT, you would also want HCG to avoid your testes shrinking and your scrotum pulling up tight. But you don’t seem to think that you need TRT. Blood work would determine the need. Have you read about the signs of low T? Maybe you do not need TRT now, but you would be wise to be aware of the symptoms.

I don’t know if you need any anti-E for a short cycle. Some might argue that 4-6 weeks would not be productive. I do not know much at all about non-automatizing steroids… can’t help you with that. But that should avoid the E issue. But some DHT might still be produced. Outside of my knowledge.

i have been lifting off and on since i was about 18. But about 3 years ago i had a motorcycle accident and it messed up my back, left leg and shoulder.

I am now getting back to lifting…about 8 months now. I gained a lot of fat too because i wasn’t exercising and ate like I still was. I also quit smoking a couple years ago and gained about 45 lbs. So far i have lost about 24 lbs. but man it is coming off slow. I guess my main goal right now should be to lose the excess weight instead of worrying about the size.

But my strength seems to be coming back pretty good. My bench is still weak because of the pain in my shoulder but squats are looking good. I think I will pass on the steroid thing for now. Main reason I asked was that someone told me to try a cycle of d-bol and winstrol to build up and lose the weight. What do you guys think of the Carbolin 19 by Biotest.

Lastly, when my urologist does my exam he does the finger…DRE? He always says I have an infection. He does not say I have BPH. I thought that was where the infection came from? Sorry to run on but thanks for your opinions.