Looking for Cutting Advice

Dickie_B, at 6’ and 182 lbs my bmi is 24.7
which is at the end of the normal weight scale apparently. And bodybuilding doesn’t mean building your body to be huge necessarily, it can mean all sorts of things.

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

UkpairehMombooto, thanks.

klochinator, wasn’t sure what to reply to all that. I hardly call it a starvation diet. I certainly eat above 1700 calories some days; the diet posted was just an example I wrote for myself when I began that I use as a guideline on the lower side of things to account for how easily it is to eat another 100-500 calories a day from going to a restaurant or eating more fruit or meat or whatever happens each day. Most websites say 10xlbm is a good calculation for calorie intake for cutting. At roughly 160lbs lbm x 10 = 1600 calories. Multiple by 12 for maintaining is around 1900.

I used to look like some of the people posting here with a much bigger body around 215lbs and had more of a gut and bodyfat like the pictures I’ve been seeing of people and have since wanted to just be leaner and a more average size but muscular still. Nothing wrong with being bigger so i’m not trying to take the offense against one!! but I’d personally rather have a nice 6 pack abs year round then maybe abs for 1 month for a contest and then big gut bulking up the rest of the time. Especially with a gf who weighs 110 lbs, being 200+ lbs just is too bulky and a much leaner look and being able to fit into smaller waist designer jeans and such is enjoyable… anyway i’m rambling on, thanks for your help and I appreciate you posting on this thread please continue to do so.

Maybe u don’t want to be a huuuggee bodybuilder, but still you gonna need a lot more mass to come slightly close to that picture you showed us. I don’t think cutting would be a that great idea since you prolly gonna have a hard time gaining mass while keeping your bf around 8%.

[quote]john551 wrote:
Dickie_B, at 6’ and 182 lbs my bmi is 24.7
which is at the end of the normal weight scale apparently. And bodybuilding doesn’t mean building your body to be huge necessarily, it can mean all sorts of things.

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
[/quote]

Well if BMI is the barometer, then a lot of pro bodybuilders need to drop some weight. They’re obese!

[quote]john551 wrote:
klochinator, wasn’t sure what to reply to all that. I hardly call it a starvation diet. I certainly eat above 1700 calories some days; the diet posted was just an example I wrote for myself when I began that I use as a guideline on the lower side of things to account for how easily it is to eat another 100-500 calories a day from going to a restaurant or eating more fruit or meat or whatever happens each day. Most websites say 10xlbm is a good calculation for calorie intake for cutting. At roughly 160lbs lbm x 10 = 1600 calories. Multiple by 12 for maintaining is around 1900.

I used to look like some of the people posting here with a much bigger body around 215lbs and had more of a gut and bodyfat like the pictures I’ve been seeing of people and have since wanted to just be leaner and a more average size but muscular still. Nothing wrong with being bigger so i’m not trying to take the offense against one!! but I’d personally rather have a nice 6 pack abs year round then maybe abs for 1 month for a contest and then big gut bulking up the rest of the time. Especially with a gf who weighs 110 lbs, being 200+ lbs just is too bulky and a much leaner look and being able to fit into smaller waist designer jeans and such is enjoyable… anyway i’m rambling on, thanks for your help and I appreciate you posting on this thread please continue to do so. [/quote]

Alright, I kind of feel like a douche, because I just found that somewhere on the web and posted it to mock you. But it seems like you actually have some goals.

You aren’t eating enough man. Everyone is telling you that, and most people here know their shit, even if they’re only 16…

If the average person’s diet is roughly 2,000 cals, and the average person does not look like your “ideal physique” (which is much more muscular than average), then wouldn’t it make sense for you to consume more than 2,000?

^ what she said.

[quote]john551 wrote:
The random person picture I posted isn’t what I expect to look like cutting a few lbs down, was just a quick link i found ok. And why does everyone have to be 200lb+ huge bodybuilder? Some people just want to look lean and cut and healthy which my gf and most girls I know often prefer. [/quote]

because its a fucking bodybuilding website. and those “some” people are the people we despise dude. you shoulndt cut. youre not big at all. you also shouldnt wear a bathing suit when you take pictures. the guy you posted as who you wanted to look like would get more respect than you, probaly because he has considerably more muscle mass than you do. if you lose any more weight youre just going to look skinny as shit, like why even lift at all if thats your goal? just starve yourself bruh. i used to be like you all i wanted was crazy abs once i saw 300 then i was like wtf this isnt working and i had no idea what i was doing so i stopped all the b.s. got serious and started eating like crazy.

dude if you want people to sympathize or agree with you for trying to lose weight when you shouldnt, you need to leave this site immediately. im sure youre a good guy and all or whatever but this is a hardcore bodybuilding site and people like you coming in at >180 looking to cut is pissing off a lot of people.

[quote]cheeta wrote:
wow, you eat less than me. And im a 5’7 148lbs girl. I’m scared… for your sake…[/quote]

i like to read everything you say in a Swedish accent, sounds so sexy.

How many more fool kids (and their likely underage GFs) will we entertain? HE is welcome to chase his goal of attaining the dream figure of the AVERAGE american woman (who happens to be overweight, unattractive and overbearing if a walk through Walmart suggests anything about the demographic) but this is NOT the site for that.
OP, try menshealth or even crossfit for your goals.

I believe one of the authors who wrote an article on carb cycling (not Thibaudeau) added fuel to this raging fire when he suggested that we should strive to be lean, athletic and cut rather than become huge (as though getting huge went hand in hand with being overfat)
and of course, above 15% body fat has become the ‘new’ classification of obese lately. Why don;t we take the high road and say anyone below 5’11" is considered a midget? Everything is relative after all, right? Sweeping labels seem to be more effective at creating a ruckus after all.

All I can add:Too bad, Dante and the late trevor smith never got around to writing for this place.

Whateva…I’m out.

[quote]UkpairehMombooto wrote:
How many more fool kids (and their likely underage GFs) will we entertain? HE is welcome to chase his goal of attaining the dream figure of the AVERAGE american woman (who happens to be overweight, unattractive and overbearing if a walk through Walmart suggests anything about the demographic) but this is NOT the site for that.
I believe one of the authors who wrote an article on carb cycling (not Thibaudeau) added fuel to this raging fire when he suggested that we should strive to be lean, athletic and cut rather than become huge (as though getting huge went hand in hand with being overfat)
and of course, above 15% body fat has become the ‘new’ classification of obese lately. Why don;t we take the high road and say anyone below 5’11" is considered a midget? Everything is relative after all, right? Sweeping labels seem to be more effective at creating a ruckus after all.

All I can add:Too bad, Dante and the late trevor smith never got around to writing for this place.

Whateva…I’m out. [/quote]

It was some other dude, not CT. Nevertheless, the point remains. This is really just a continuation of the epidemic of skinny kide wanting to get skinnier. Makes me want to stop my legitimate fat loss program and Im only on my second day. boourns.

-chris

Not much more to say that hasn’t been said… but you would benefit from a “clean bulk” a hell of a lot more than you would from cutting.

So to make tthe attached physical transition you should eat 1600 Kcals a day.

What an idiot I have been, I have been eating extra calories to gain muscle, what a shitter.

Just leave your ego behind and realize you’ll look much better with a little more fat, and a lot more muscle than you would as a 10 year old anarexic girl. All these guys, and girl, know what they’re talking about.

[quote]cheeta wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
cheeta wrote:
wow, you eat less than me. And im a 5’7 148lbs girl. I’m scared… for your sake…

The funnyest part about that is that Im not even Swedish… Im Icelandic

[/quote]

but i dont know what that sounds like lol

[quote]UkpairehMombooto wrote:

Whateva…I’m out. [/quote]

i take the high road by making fun of anyone whos 10 or 20 lbs smaller than me and im 6’0 194

all that “girls like skinny guys” stuff is bullshit. girls like guys with cute faces, thats true, so if you have that you dont have to be huge to get laid. but for everyone who doesnt look like they could be in a boy band girls definately like big guys. the thing is no one gets big anymore. im not talking about professional bodybuilding status either, but theres like no one in the low 200’s even of people that lift. you know what, keep staying rediculously skinny and thinking its good so that when i show up you look exactly like what you are, a skinny fuck, and you make me look 10x bigger and 10x better.

i think its fascinating he thinks he’s big.

but, i’d say at the very least if you want to look good for summer then you should try and maintain what little muscle you have. but you definatly need to bulk up 20 30 pounds before your going to look like your dream boy that you posted.

[quote]john551 wrote:
I don’t think my pictures are doing me justice to my overall body size. They seem quite zoomed out (shrunken photo after uploading here)…
[/quote]

It’s not the pictures that aren’t doing you justice, it’s your body. The reason you’re getting flamed is because this is a bodybuilding thread on a bodybuilding website that we would like to think is better than the other sorry-ass sites out there. We don’t like seeing skinny guys who want to cut for the sake of being shredded, or to please their girlfriend, cousin, or grandma. There seems to be a lot more of these types showing up and we don’t like it. If this is too harsh for you, take you pics to bb.com and I’m sure you’ll get all kinds of props and advice.

Face the fact that you don’t have much muscle. Not enough to cut anyway. The moment you begin to realize that, the better off you’ll be.

If you want to see more muscle you don’t need less fat, you need more muscle. With your calorie intake you’re certainly losing plenty of muscle.

[quote]cheeta wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
cheeta wrote:
wow, you eat less than me. And im a 5’7 148lbs girl. I’m scared… for your sake…

The funnyest part about that is that Im not even Swedish… Im Icelandic

[/quote]

So is it true when they say that Iceland is all green fields and stuff and greenland is all icy and cold and shit?

But OP, you gotta be shittin us. You just joined this site so you obviously havent gotten a chance to drink out of the goblet of knowledge this site gives its readers. As you can see most everyone here posting knows what they are talking about, and just skim through some training and nutritional articles and youll be well on your way to building that physique you want

you shoulda used the winter more wisely =P

Cut till you bleed