T Nation

Looking for as Much Advice as Possible

Hi, so I just turned 21 and my friend introduced this site to me yesterday. I've been "really" working out since this past November. I went from 157 to 180. My goal is to get to about 210 bulked but still lean. I wont lie parts of me are scared that my body might not be built to be that big but more then willing to put in all the effort I have, now looking for advice. I think I've hit a slow point

Right now I'm working out monday-thursday 2x a day(lunch and after work). friday-saturday 1x a day.
Supplements: Nitrix, T-Bomb II, Assault, and True Mass

Any advice is welcomed. Please and Thank you!

How much do you eat? What does your split look like?

I eat 3 regular meals a day and little amounts in between

Could you be a little less specific? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think he meant something like this:

Breakfast - 10oz whole milk, 1 scoop whey, 4 scrambled eggs
Snack - 3 oz mixed nuts, 1 can tuna
Lunch - 8 oz chicken breast, 1 scoop whey, 1 cup broccoli

If you're wanting to gain weight, you need to be eating 1.8-2.0 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Meaning at 180 pounds, you should be eating 325-360 grams of protein a day. Might seem like a daunting task, but if you split your day into 3 meals and 3 snacks it isn't hard at all. Each snack should consist of a 50 gram protein drink as well as a carb heavy snack. Alot of fruits and vegetables, oats, potatoes etc. Each regular meal should also consist of 50 grams protein as well from whole food sources, chicken, eggs, steak, fish, turkey etc.

It looks like you're in the military, so you're probably rucking and doing all other sorts of shitty physical activity that makes us regular pussies squirm. All of that is burning calories, so make sure you're constantly focused on your caloric intake.

Where you're still pretty green in the weight lifting game, don't get super focused on counting carbs, fats, micronutrients etc. Just eat your ass off, follow the protein intake guidelines listed above and probably incorporate a bcaa acid product to your supplement stack (or drink a shit load of milk), start taking glutamine after your lifts to keep your body from going into a catabolic state (especially since your lifting twice a day some days), invest in a multi viatmin ($4 equate brand from wal mart just as good as the $30 gnc brand) and start taking fish oils twice a day.

READ THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE DAILY AND RELIGIOUSLY. http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ Charles Poliquin is the smartest guy in the room. He has a plethora of information that is much more informative and is based off of peer reviewed research journals. Meaning it is based off of scientific facts, not opinions, but written in a manor even the thickest of bone heads can understand. It is the best site on the internet. If you are spending alot of hours online trying to learn as much as possible, start with these links to his website.

Yeah I'm in the army i know I'm burning calories like crazy we run about 40miles a week, ruck about once a week and extra random stuff. I have just started taking fish oil, you suggest two a day? Because I'm only taking 1 a day. Are there any foods that I might think are good to eat but really aren't?

Yes. Take a serving of fish oil right after breakfast and dinner.

Instead of making threads, start reading old ones :). The search function on this website is extremely useful, and I would also recommend reading "The Best of T NATION" stickied on the Bodybuilding forum.

haha, till we yell at them for bumping old threads!