Looking for an Energy Supplement

I am very new to working out. I am very heavy, and I would like to lose a lot of weight and gain a small amount of muscle.

I have recently been taking a home made batch of weight loss pills, but I am going to be out after this weekend.

All I do right now is jog for 4 miles a day and just last week I started going to the gym a few days a week to work on my chest, arms and legs, back.

What I am wondering, is what is the best supplement or pill to help give me the energy to work out? The pills I have now I take 2 about a half hour before working out, and I never noticed a difference, but when I don’t take them after about 45 minutes I am dead, when I take them, I can lift my weights for 45 minutes then still spend an hour doing cardio.

Any help would really be appreciated.

[quote]Aggro wrote:

[/quote]

Wow, excellent read. is there a good store where I can buy some of these supplements? Would I be best off to just go to a local GNC? I oddly found that the best place to buy whey protein is walmart, cheaper than any online store and no shipping. I pay 13$ per a bottle which lasts me quite a while.

I think best thing for me right now would be to only concentrate on losing weight, and once I am in better health and fitness, then I could concentrate on toning.

Is this a good idea?

[quote]robbbb wrote:
Aggro wrote:

Wow, excellent read. is there a good store where I can buy some of these supplements? Would I be best off to just go to a local GNC? I oddly found that the best place to buy whey protein is walmart, cheaper than any online store and no shipping. I pay 13$ per a bottle which lasts me quite a while.

I think best thing for me right now would be to only concentrate on losing weight, and once I am in better health and fitness, then I could concentrate on toning.

Is this a good idea?[/quote]

I’d be willing to bet that your diet is the biggest culprit to your lack of energy. So give us a rundown of yours. Oh and I’m somewhat scared to ask about the “homemade diet pills”

umm, diet,

For breakfast I have a yogurt and a piece of cheddar cheese. Around 10:30am I have a chunk light 3 oz pack of tuna, my lunch varies, I have a whey protein shake around 4pm, dinner is usually like 4 oz chicken with some rice and green beans or something similar, other times I just have a turkey sandwich.

They aren’t really ‘homemade’ diet pills, a friend of mine who makes labels for a living has a friend who makes them, and they are basically ephedrine and some other nonsense.

I could snap a pic if you would like.

Again thanks for all your help. I went out tonight and got some fish oil and creatine for my weekend long workout sessions, which I know isn’t for weight loss, but I am still lost when it comes to this.

I have checked some other places for diet pills but so many online places I am not sure about. And as I said, I am not looking for a diet pill I can sit on my ass and lose weight, I want help with energy and something to assist my working out. On an average day I walk at a medium pace on the treadmill for at least 4 miles, doing 10 push ups every 12 minutes and a set of 10 lb. 21s every 6 minutes.

Instead of looking for an energy suppliment, you need to fix your diet. Yogurt and piece of cheese is NOT a breakfast. My 125lbs girlfriend eats more than that. I would suggest finding a good diet plan on this site.

So what do you eat for breakfast then? I was eating 4 egg white omlettes for a while, but after 6 weeks, I kinda got sick of eggs every day.

Did you read that article from CT that I posted? Seriously read it and study it, especially the calculations to figure out your caloric intake.

Breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day. I have no problem going 5 egg (no whites) omelette with a slice of cheese and some lean turkey sausage. I’m going low carb though, and I love eggs.

Keep a food log, www.fitday.com is the one I use. When I first started keeping track of what I ate, I was amazed at how much shit I was actually eating, and more importantly how I wasn’t reaching my maintenance levels for my calorie needs. I went 2 weeks at my maintenance then dropped it 500 calories, for 2 weeks then went another 250 lower. I could probably go another 250, but I feel -750 is fine for now, as I feel great.

when school starts breakfast will be 4-5 eggs with cheese, 2 pieces of wheat toast slathered with PB.

eat big.

Personally this is what I do:

30-45 minutes pre-workout: Power Drive plus half a tablespoon of acetyl-L-carnitine plus about 3 grams taurine (plus other stuff probably irrelevant to energizing the workout)

And DMAE, SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine), and ubiquinol – a form of CoQ10, or the regular kind can be used instead – as tablets or capsules.

About 15 minutes pre-workout: Spike Shooter

Immediately pre-workout: Surge (plus other stuff probably irrelevant to mental energy.)

This does get one going.

4 egg whites? That’s a whole 68 calories, with a whopping 14.4 grams of protein, and basically nothing else. First, stop eating egg whites, eat whole eggs. Second, stop eating like a skinny 12 year old girl who’s scared of gaining weight. Like I said, find a solid nutrition plan on this website, and stick to it. Also, don’t do anything stupid like “fix” the diet to burn fat faster by changing and removing things from it.

As for what I eat for breakfast, this morning I had a 6 egg (whole eggs) omlette with turkey and 1/2 cup non-fat cheddar cheese in it, along with about 3 cups of a stir-fry with a chicken breast and mixed veggies. That was along with a large glass of whole milk.

Reliance on chemicals is a bad way to start. Listen to Aggro for your diet and have a cup of coffee before you work out.

Personally, I don’t like you jogging 4 miles a day. I’d rather have you run 1 mile as fast as you can 3 times a week.

counter chill out, egg whites are good for you, if u dont want fat, they are filling because u can eat a large volume of them with hardly any cals.