Looking for Advice - False Rape Accusation

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Knoxout wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
weak trolling, you posted on TN on November 1st and 3rd.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would make up a story like this and post it to an internet forum. It spreads fear and makes the world an uglier place generally. Guys who read it will forget where it came from and just recall sketchy details: “dude, I knew this one guy, who was a VIRGIN dude, and he got charged just because some drunk chick fell asleep on top of him!”

If you are in trouble or get in trouble, OP, I would say you deserve it.
[/quote]

Have to agree with Emily Q and dmharper on this one. Choosing to post something like this is not just shitty from an ethical standpoint, it perpetuates myths about rape. According to the FBI, only about 2% of reported rape/sex charges are false, which is exactly the same percentage as other felonies. So to all of you guys who are saying women falsely report rape all the time�¢?�¦read a damn book. This sort of shit just makes things harder for rape victims, and is part of the reason most of them suffer silently. [/quote]

Yeah, that statistic I would like to see, because any somewhat credible study or investigation I have seen it is around 45%.

[/quote]

So I was slightly inaccurate in that most studies estimate it at between 2 and 10%. Out of studies mentioned in the article that were conducted within the past ten years, it ranges from 2-5.9%. The linked study was based on campus rapes, so their estimate of 5.9% might be somewhat higher than average since universities have more incentive to report low instance of rape. Not sure where you got 45%. That’s roughly the percentage of rapes that are believed to be reported to police, perhaps that was it.

http://www.icdv.idaho.gov/conference/handouts/False-Allegations.pdf