Looking for a Program to Get As Big As Possible

Yup.

3 Likes

Ah. Mission accomplished then

so… was I suppose to be impressed?

Believe me; I am impressed. Just not for the right reasons.

I am also 5’8 and a half after yoke walks, and 195lbs, but what would I know about reaching that goal…

2 Likes

Whats ur diet like? Lets say a normal training day

About 2700 calories 160g protein 320 carbs and 85 fats something like that.

You’re not gaining weight. You want to gain weight. So, eat more.

It is absolutely baffling to me that people can’t understand such a basic concept. Why in the hell would you come in asking for programming advice if a) your goal is gaining size, and b) your weight is stagnant?

Programming advice can help you develop more balance to your physique. Programming helps you work on weak points. Programming helps you figure out how to make progress IN CONJUNCTION WITH a proper diet. Programming DOES NOT put weight on your frame. Food does that.

1 Like

Why did you ignore every post except for the one asking about diet?

Can’t find the intermediate deep water program oh and is the 5/3/1 BtM in the books?

It’s in the exact same book as the beginner program.

BtM is not in any book. If you search for it on google, you will find the article Jim wrote about it. That article tells you everything you need to know about running that program.

I will start Building The Monolith and after 6 weeks i will make a post about it and if it worked.

Awesome dude. If it didn’t, try to figure out what you did wrong.

I am actually going to do everything that Wendler recomends do you have any advice for the program?

Also is it ok if i follow on the Black Iron Beast calculator ?

I wouldn’t. The article details everything you need to do.

If you follow everything Jim says to do in the article like you said you will, you’ll be fine. Biggest issues I see is people neglect or completely skip out on the conditioning work. It’s half the program, so if you neglect it, expect half the results.

If in doubt, go for the upper ranges of the rep ranges.

After you’re done, do Deep Water beginner and then Deep Water intermediate.

What did you do for conditioning during deep water? Or is it already planned as part of the program?

Specifics aren’t laid out, but it gives you a general guide of like 15-20 minutes of active recovery. Jon recommended swimming or stairs. I pushed a prowler, because the concentric only nature of it allowed me to get some bloodflow into my legs after the squat workout without dipping any further into my recovery. Typically meant my legs would only be sore for 5 days instead of 6.

1 Like

Gotcha - thanks

1 Like

I just glanced at the deep water ebook a little (the diet and routine pages) - I’m way procrastinating on my work, obviously.

I finish school in a couple months, then holidays - I think I’ll kick off January with this. It looks my speed. Since my weights are half of yours, I’ll likely even survive.

I’m 4 hours into a 12: you’re in good company, haha.

With you being TrainForPain, it should be right up your ally. Excited for you giving it a go. It’s an experience for sure.

1 Like