Looking for a New Shoe

It would have to be an oly shoe that has a wooden heel that you can remove. It wouldn’t work for shoes like adipowers, romaleos, etc.

I’ve had do-wins but my memory is hazy so take with a grain of salt - I think you’d no longer have a stiff shoe if you took the wooden raise out. You’d need a replacement sole.

I’ve been wearing some old fashioned bowling shoes to lift lately, and can thoroughly reccomend them:

Real solid leather, moreso even than my old army boots. Which also helps so i can really graunch up the laces without tearing, so the lack of straps isn’t an issue. Also the heel is pretty low, a smidge over 1/2" raise.But since it’s a block of hard rubber i imagine it’ll be prettt easy to alter in your garage, never mind for an actual cobbler.

Plus they cost 99 pence plus a couple of quid postage (which is why i tried them, and planned on altering them origionally too because they’d still be cheaper than anything else). The only drawback is the smooth leather sole, would probably not do well on a platform!

Maybe climbing shoes. http://gearx.com/climbing/climbing-shoes

I personally use hi-top Chucks. I can also ditto the wrestling shoes, but I don’t think that is what you’re looking for.

Done all of my lifting in barefoot despite owning a bunch of lifting shoes lol. I’ve never bothered with sabos but I just got the metal squat shoes (middle). its very sturdy and no lateral give. They’re leather although not as stiff as the Contenders, only 1 meta strap, no steel-like toe, but flat yet extremely solid base. They’re also cheaper than the Contenders.

Haven’t done anything with the metal squat shoes yet but if you’re interested, I’ll update you once I do.

I’ve got an old pair of Adidas wrestling shoes that I’ve been training in for years. They’re great, especially for pulling. Sticky, thin, non-compressable soles. You can really feel the floor when you wear them. I wear Romaleos for front squats, but my wrestling shoes for everything else. They’re pretty beat up, but we’ve been through a lot together, I can’t replace them…