Looking for a New Shoe

I currently have the powerlifting shoes made by Mark Bell. I don’t like them, they feel loose, and are starting to wear.

I’m looking for something that has a hard side, no canvas, with a flat foot, not healed.

Basically, something that is like my Carhart work boots, but not carhart work boots haha.

Any suggestions? I’ve used Chuck’s, and they feel like the ones I currently have, they have too much stretch in them. I want my foot to feel snug in my shoe.

Try a pair of leather chuck’s. They are stiffer. I have a pair and the only thing I did was get rid of the insole (too much cushion).

Maybe try some indoor soccer shoes, I think the adidas samba is a popular choice

Slightly on top:

I’ve been thinking of getting something like indoor soccer shoes, like cparker said, though I’d prefer high tops. I have some awesome Adidas basketball shoes with amazing grip on the bottom, only shoes I’ve ever used that let me really push with leg drive on bench and not have my feet slide.

I’d love a pair for squatting, but the sole is kind of compressible and about .5-1" tall, so not really ideal. Chucks and wrestling shoes can work, but I honestly feel like I may bust through the sides when I squat in them. Any suggestions? especially considering OP says the Mark Bell shoes aren’t all too great and feel ‘loose’ (heard they are wider built, and I have a very long but narrow foot).

Have you considered the SABO Deadlift shoe?

I have a pair of Nike Romaleo weightlifting shoes that are very solid and supportive but they have a raised heel.

From what I can tell without actually holding or wearing a pair, the SABO shoes seem like they’re very similar to the Nike design, with reinforced sides, a hard sole, and cross straps to tighten and adjust the fit. They seem to basically be a heel-less weightlifting shoe.

maxbarbell.com/collections/powerlifting-shoes/products/sabo-deadlift-lifting-shoes

I’m reading good things about the Sabo deadlifting shoe, sounds to be versatile to everything I want / am looking for.

Saw this bit of info when I was looking into shoes myself. Mike Tuchscherer (RTS guy) took a pair of Do-Win weightlifting shoes and had the heels cut down to make them into a flat shoe. That sounds a bit extreme to me, but it makes sense.

If you do get the Sabo shoes, I’m interested in how you like them. On paper, they sound like a great shoe, based on what I know from my own shoes, but I’d like to know if they’re actually as good as they sound.

I just got a pair of wrestling shoes, mostly for sumo pulling. I got the Asics Matflex 4s because a) they’re cheap and b) I read a thing by Dan Green saying he uses them. They’re pretty snug and sticky on the floor, not sure how hard the sides are though. On varnished wood they slide a little, but I guess ANY shoe woud on that surface.

ascics tai chi/onitsuka,

vivobarefoots’s

I have been using wresting shoes for a while when i don’t want to use my romaleos (deadlifting). My wrestling shoes have become so gross that my mom offered to purchase me a new pair of lifting shoes. After my research i have concluded that the SABO is the best choice for me and probably for you. My first choice is these gometal.com/product/powerlifting-shoes/ but i can’t decide is the price is worth it.

The SABO is sold our currently right? What do you guys think about the Metal vs the SABO?

[quote]dzirkelb wrote:
I currently have the powerlifting shoes made by Mark Bell. I don’t like them, they feel loose, and are starting to wear.

I’m looking for something that has a hard side, no canvas, with a flat foot, not healed.

Basically, something that is like my Carhart work boots, but not carhart work boots haha.

Any suggestions? I’ve used Chuck’s, and they feel like the ones I currently have, they have too much stretch in them. I want my foot to feel snug in my shoe.[/quote]

Chucks or leather Chucks for sumo pulls, conventional pulls not so important, I used to wear a pair of socks and aqua shoes

Power4ull
SQ - 970
BP - 740
DL - 848

Inzer white high tops for squatting.

Vibram Five Fingers for every thing else.

So I purchased the SABO deadlifing shoes, and they are not what I’m looking for.

Essentially, I don’t want to be able to bend or fold my shoe, in any way. I can take these shoes and literally roll them up.

What I want the SABO shoe (two straps, awesome), with a fricking steel toe like front, and woodlike bottom, with no heal.

Anyone have any options for me to look at?

If I can roll it, I don’t want it.

Essentially, I want an OLY shoe without the heal.

I’m thinking about the following shoes:

http://www.titansupport.com/products/footwear/shoes/titan-contender-squat-powerlifting-shoes.html
http://www.titansupport.com/products/footwear/shoes/titan-olympian-powerlifting-shoes.html

Anyone have any experience with these? These look more what I’m looking for.

I may still keep the SABO’s for deadlifting, although I ordered too small of a size

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I thought they’d have a solid heel. Is the support around the ankles any good? Based on how you described it, it doesn’t sound like it is.

Not really. They will be great dead shoes, which is what they are, just not what I’m looking for in a squat shoe

i heard that some people get do-wins and have a cobbler remove the heel from the shoe.

I have the Titan contenders. They’re stiff leather and the soles are very stiff when you first get them. The soles do get less stiff with time but they’re never flexible like the shoes you currently have. I like them a lot. I will tell you that they do have a slight heel but they’re nothing like an oly shoe.

Inzer Pillars have a raised heel but it’s not that pronounced. They are far cheaper than titan’s stuff.

[quote]rjones416 wrote:
i heard that some people get do-wins and have a cobbler remove the heel from the shoe.[/quote]

I know a decent cobbler local to where I live. Could I get almost any oly shoe and have the heal removed?