T Nation

Looking for a New Program

So I’ve been on the Bill Star 5x5 for almost a year now, and frankly I’m getting sick of it. I do enjoy the simplicity and the results I have achieved, but being at the gym for over an hour three days a week gets to you. Do any of you know any programs worth investing in?

An hour 3x a week isn’t much. The only thing I’ve tried that gets me done faster is EDT. Any program is worth investing in, results will depend on the intensity you give the program. T-Nation is filled great articals and programs from the best coaches around. Read and read some more. Set a goal and stick to the goal.

How could 3 exercises possibly take over an hour…?

Maybe you are bored because you simply lack intensity in the gym.

[quote]chevahh wrote:
So I’ve been on the Bill Star 5x5 for almost a year now, and frankly I’m getting sick of it. I do enjoy the simplicity and the results I have achieved, but being at the gym for over an hour three days a week gets to you. Do any of you know any programs worth investing in?[/quote]

Doing the same thing for a year is probably your first mistake, unless you’re completely new to lifting.

Try Dan John’s OLAD program. It’s totally different from what you’re doing now. It’s “simple but not easy”, and it’s 5 days/wk, probably 10-20 minutes each day, tops.

And oh yeah, this…

makes you sound like a pussy. How much less work do you want to do?!?