Looking for a Mentor

Im a 19 year old, passionate about training and I get off on seeing people get results in the gym. Im currently working at a ‘family’ gym. No im not your average lame trainer and no im not going to try and convince people im not. im just looking for some advice and direction so i can hopefully do what i love for some time to come. I dont know what the mentor will do, talk about my current employment and how to get clients, what short courses to do ect.

If you live in Australia then thats just awsome :slight_smile: and if i get lol’d at for this post then your just god damned fucked in the head

lol

I couldn’t help but lulz here, sorry.

Seriously though, are you looking for a career mentor here? Or are you looking for personal trainers to give you tips?

Best advice I can give off the top of my head is be at the gym A LOT. People have to see your face, and you need to talk to as many ppl as possible. Say hi to anyone you come within 5 feet of, and just spend a lot of time in the building.

[quote]Zillah wrote:
LarryBurns wrote:I get off on seeing people get results in the gym.

I couldn’t help but lulz here, sorry.[/quote]

Yeah, me too to be honest…LULZ

Go and visit bushi out in wales.

You are looking for Serpentor?

Ahahaha, that’s from Conan the Adventurer, right? Man, I loved that show as a kid.

EDIT:

OK, it’s from GI Joe apparently, not the character I was thinking of then.

Well, I don’t know if I can help with being your mentor, per se, but if you just want to hang out with some older, more mature folks then I’ve got a club you can join.

By the looks of it, you’d fit right in.

[quote]LarryBurns wrote:
I get off on seeing people get results in the gym. [/quote]

pics or it didn’t happen

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
Go and visit bushi out in wales.[/quote]

Geography fail.

seek out advice from the best. talk to the pros. there are a bunch of guys on here that can hook you up with a wealth of information. read their articles, posts, and ask questions.

[quote]kheaslim wrote:
Seriously though, are you looking for a career mentor here? Or are you looking for personal trainers to give you tips?

Best advice I can give off the top of my head is be at the gym A LOT. People have to see your face, and you need to talk to as many ppl as possible. Say hi to anyone you come within 5 feet of, and just spend a lot of time in the building. [/quote]

Career mentor mainly, give me advice on ways to approach potential clients, qualifications to do and all that kinda thing. im currently in the vtac system trying to get into an exercise and sport science course. and i dont get off THAT much. I really just want to talk to a successful trainer that has made an actual career out of this and started where i did.

Thanks.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
Go and visit bushi out in wales.

Geography fail.[/quote]

LMFAO. I was thinking of New South Wales.

YAy ! someone be my mentor …

i will upload 2x weekly videos of my squats (on bosu balls if you want)
i will eat exactly what you tell me is good but i might throw in a soda once in a while(every day)

but first you must give me hawt abs !!

okay seriously it could be really cool if people would mentor others. ive seen it done on other websites. properly also have on T-Nation ? somebody tell us a succes story !

id like to hail aragorn for helping me get started !

I dont want help getting hawt abs and i can already do heavy bosu squats and i brag about them reguarly and i dont eat eggs because they are high in cholesterol so if i have more then 2 a week ill get a heart attack because my heart will be clogged with yellow shit.
but really, if u read my original post you will see that i just want a CAREER mentor. yes, a gym career. and yes it would be SO cool if someone could mentor me and others in my position, but only my career, my training is exactly where i want it to be atm.

i Will mentor you for a small fee of 100 dollars deal? Just have it wired to my bank account and were gold

[quote]optheta wrote:
i Will mentor you for a small fee of 100 dollars deal? Just have it wired to my bank account and were gold[/quote]

Geez i knew the response would be fairly shitty but dont waste my time, if you find my post stupid then why not think about it the next time you go to someone or a group of people for advice?

It as obvious he was being a smartass and yes my post may seem greedy but i never said i wanted it for free…if you are actually willing to mentor me and not just making fun (like the previous poster) then i dont see a problem whatsoever. If you are serious about it, then send me a message so we can discuss the finer details?