Looking for a Little Assistance

Can someone here lead me to a direction for meal plans and lifting plans. At 480 I still am doing something wrong. I work out 5 days a week but its not coming off.

[quote]DE240 wrote:
Can someone here lead me to a direction for meal plans and lifting plans. At 480 I still am doing something wrong. I work out 5 days a week but its not coming off. [/quote]

What did you eat yesterday and what is your training program?

read pretty much any 10 articles on this site especially a bunch by dan john

this also good for a very heavy guy…

3 egg and a 1 cup of instant oatmeal 30 oz water- 8:30
a handful of almonds-10am
lunch turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, apple, small bag of those baked chips-12 pm
a hand full of salted postachio-3pm
8oz of lean burger on wheat roll. and a 1/2 cup of kidney beans, and a zero vitamin water.- 6pm

I hit the gym 10:30pm-around midnight. warm up of 15 min at 1% incline varying speed from 2.5 -3.7.
Flat bench 135-3x10
incline dumbbell 55lb 3x10
reverse incline 40lb 3x10
dumbell fly’s 20 3x10
chest press 150 3x10
then onto stationary bike for another 15 min at level 7 of 20 = 4 miles
came home a little after 12 and had a cup of cottage cheese and went to bed.
I drink a ton of water usually close to 2 gals a day.

Thanks the info, you’re correct those articles are good reads. Thanks again

[quote]DE240 wrote:
I hit the gym 10:30pm-around midnight. warm up of 15 min at 1% incline varying speed from 2.5 -3.7.
Flat bench 135-3x10
dumbell fly’s 20 3x10
chest press 150 3x10

[/quote]

Is this your whole routine? That’s five chest exercises and a very small amount of cardio.

Honestly, At this point I would just tell you to count calories and walk at least for an hour every day, preferably outside.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]DE240 wrote:
Flat bench 135-3x10
dumbell fly’s 20 3x10
chest press 150 3x10

[/quote]

Is this your whole routine? That’s five chest exercises and a very small amount of cardio.

Honestly, At this point I would just tell you to count calories and walk at least for an hour every day, preferably outside.[/quote]

^This. Also, get on a full body program. Doing five chest exercises is absolutely pointless for someone in your position. You should be performing all big compound movements regularly. Add complexes too. (Use the search feature, there’s tons of articles on complexes) Get up and walk multiple times a day, especially if you have a weight vest to wear. Most importantly, find physically challenging activities that you love to do and you will naturally gravitate towards those things.

AFTER you fix those things, if the weight still isn’t coming off (and i mean ZERO change in body comp, weight loss is slow) a V-Diet is probably in order.

[quote]shralpinist wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]DE240 wrote:
Flat bench 135-3x10
dumbell fly’s 20 3x10
chest press 150 3x10

[/quote]

Honestly, At this point I would just tell you to count calories and walk at least for an hour every day, preferably outside.[/quote]

^This. Also, get on a full body program. Doing five chest exercises is absolutely pointless for someone in your position. You should be performing all big compound movements regularly. Add complexes too. (Use the search feature, there’s tons of articles on complexes) Get up and walk multiple times a day, especially if you have a weight vest to wear. Most importantly, find physically challenging activities that you love to do and you will naturally gravitate towards those things.

AFTER you fix those things, if the weight still isn’t coming off (and i mean ZERO change in body comp, weight loss is slow) a V-Diet is probably in order.[/quote]

Just wondering but at 480 lbs would a weight vest still be needed?

[quote]scoots2 wrote:
Just wondering but at 480 lbs would a weight vest still be needed?
[/quote]

Valid point. You’re right. I suppose he’s already essentially wearing one.