Looking for a Healthy Pie Crust

alright guys and gals…i am in the process of trying to develop a healthier version of the infamous banquet chicken pot pie. i have the filling down pat…i just need some advice on the crust…i don’t eat flour either, so any flourless idea would be awesome

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
alright guys and gals…i am in the process of trying to develop a healthier version of the infamous banquet chicken pot pie. i have the filling down pat…i just need some advice on the crust…i don’t eat flour either, so any flourless idea would be awesome[/quote]

Post this in the Healthy Solid Meals forum, there should be plenty of helpful people over there to help you out. Probably involving Almond Flour, since you don’t eat flour, that or a coconut flour may also work. Post over there though and no doubt CS or someone like Corst will have some great help for you.

Buy a gluten free flour blend and make like a normal crust.

This will still contain carbs, if you want to go carbless you can work out something with almond flour.

I find if you’re not huge against some filler stuff here and there just buy a pre-made gluten free mix.

Otherwise you can make your own. Tapioca flour, potato, rice, flax, coconut,almond, etc there’s some pretty standard recipes on this website call google. You’ll find a lot on there.

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
alright guys and gals…i am in the process of trying to develop a healthier version of the infamous banquet chicken pot pie. i have the filling down pat…i just need some advice on the crust…i don’t eat flour either, so any flourless idea would be awesome[/quote]

Post this in the Healthy Solid Meals forum, there should be plenty of helpful people over there to help you out. Probably involving Almond Flour, since you don’t eat flour, that or a coconut flour may also work. Post over there though and no doubt CS or someone like Corst will have some great help for you.

[/quote]
thanks, i will definatly drop this thread in that forum…as for going carbless, not that worried about it right now…although it would definately be something i’d want to look into after the holidays