Looking for a Critique of My Numbers

First post on this forum. Briefly, I’m 19, about 5’10, 180-185lbs usually, all natural (though I’m gonna start some test e and dbol in a few months). My current maxes are 500 flat for DL, 300 for bench, and about 385 for squat. Ive only been squatting for about 3 months as I just recovered from a torn acl. I dont have a specific training program, I usually do a week of 6s, then 4s, then 3s, and then repeat. Assistance exercises usually change depending on what I think my weak points are on the lifts. I eventually wanna compete in PL at 80kg, any advice from any experienced lifters would be appreciated!

Determine what your goals are first. Then look for federations in your area to sign up for a meet. If you want to compete for records, then look those up. Those are solid numbers for your age and weight. Just keep in mind that everyone has a different starting point and journey - how far they get depends on how hard they work and how long they stay in the game.

19 and starting test and dbol soon, great idea.

[quote]cparker wrote:
19 and starting test and dbol soon, great idea.[/quote] Well ill be 20 when I start, and as long as I dont f around , whats the problem?

[quote]lift206 wrote:
Determine what your goals are first. Then look for federations in your area to sign up for a meet. If you want to compete for records, then look those up. Those are solid numbers for your age and weight. Just keep in mind that everyone has a different starting point and journey - how far they get depends on how hard they work and how long they stay in the game.[/quote]

Thanks, solid advice.

[quote]cparker wrote:
19 and starting test and dbol soon, great idea.[/quote]

This. Coming from a fellow 19-year old who competes in powerlifting, don’t take steroids, at least not yet. Not only are you too young to be making such an important decision, you are also (no offense) not strong enough to even have a legitimate reason to take anything, looking at it from a perspective of your lifting career. If you don’t get stronger before you start taking stuff, you’ll never be very strong with it. Not only will you most likely fuck yourself up because you probably don’t really know what you’re doing, you also most likely won’t get the results you’re actually after. If you get strong while you’re in your prime, physically speaking, then what do you think will happen when you actually jump on gear? You can be a freak if you actually put some time and effort into your training before you start using steroids.

Also, your lifts are fine, but they’re nothing special. Make them something special before you jump on gear.

[quote]bigturk34 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:
19 and starting test and dbol soon, great idea.[/quote] Well ill be 20 when I start, and as long as I dont f around , whats the problem?
[/quote]

You could make the same gains you’d get from cycling with good nutrition and training. Still a lot of room for noob gains

Ok that’s also reasonable advice. What would you say “special” numbers are at 19-20 with 180lbs natural though ? I know my squat is below average atm but havent seen many ppl that compete locally exceed 500 dl and 300 bench at my stats. Also do you guys agree with speed (dynamic) work at this point or should I work more on raw strength a bit more?

Also I dont use belts, wraps, straps, or any kind of gear if that makes a difference, just chalk.

[quote]bigturk34 wrote:
Ok that’s also reasonable advice. What would you say “special” numbers are at 19-20 with 180lbs natural though ? I know my squat is below average atm but havent seen many ppl that compete locally exceed 500 dl and 300 bench at my stats. Also do you guys agree with speed (dynamic) work at this point or should I work more on raw strength a bit more?[/quote]

Stop limiting yourself. If you put a ceiling on your capabilities and truly believe it, it will come true.

Keep doing what works and try something new when it stops.